𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

"Every day is Halloween isn't it? Well, for some of us"
-Tim Burton-

"What do you mean he's not going? Every kid loves trick-or-treating" Garcia states

"What do you mean he's not going? Every kid loves trick-or-treating" Garcia states. At Quantico, JJ, Garcia, Maya and Rossi are talking about how JJ's son is scared of Halloween because he thinks monsters are real and they blend in on the one day of the year. "I mean, that's true- they can but it's unlikely" Maya states and JJ chuckles softly.

"You did tell him it wasn't true, right?" Garcia asks to which JJ nods her head. "Of course, I did but he's convinced" JJ argues and Garcia sighs defeatedly. "I don't know why. I love Halloween" Maya states and JJ tilts her head, narrowing her eyes at Maya, "That's because you can scare children and people in general" JJ states.

"She already does that when it's not Halloween" Garcia adds, Maya smiling proudly at their comments.

"Childhood fears are resistant to adult logic. Sometimes you just have to wait it out" Rossi declares and JJ leans forward in her seat with a tired look on her, "For how long?" She asks.

"Well, if he's in his 50's and still scared of Halloween, I would look into that" Maya states, making JJ laugh at her banter but now it was time to break down the case.

Men are disappearing from a small Oregon town. In six weeks, four of them have driven off, never to be seen again. "Forensic evidence point us anywhere?" JJ asks but there is no evidence, at least for the first 3 victims.

"That's... odd" Maya declares, knitting her eyebrows in confusion as she looks down at the case file in front of her with all the information she needs inside of it.

"No forensics, no witnesses, no ransom demands. Maybe these guys just voluntarily decided to hit the road" Derek shrugs but Maya and Rossi shake their heads in unison, "That town is small- this isn't about seeking greener pastures" Rossi declares.

"And based on last known sightings, we're dealing with a size bale geographic area" Hotch informs and Maya hums slightly, "He's efficient and well organized" Maya states. "Yeah, it's not easy to make 4 people vanish and stay vanished" Derek adds until Reid states the impossible but making it possible.

"It has been done before, though. Political kidnappings frequently require holding multiple adults simultaneously" Reid states, nodding his head as if he just states the obvious. "Or they're already dead and we just haven't found them" Maya sighs, leaning back in her chair comfortably.

"But assuming they are alive, how is the unsub controlling them?" Alex wonders, "And for what purpose?" JJ adds.

_____

On the plane, it's revealed that Terry, the recent victim, stands out from the other victims because his past is shady, and he lives in a cabin in the woods without electricity or running water. Which is weird, because if he's not participating in society and just moved to town, how did the killer even target him?