𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍

"Many times the right train took me to the wrong place"
-Paulo Coelho-

The team has gathered in the conference room for a very confusing case about a 911 call

The team has gathered in the conference room for a very confusing case about a 911 call. According to the call, a fathers two daughters have disappeared, and the father called the police. What gets weirder is the call is very similar to one from two years ago.

Two years ago, the same father called the police because his wife was missing for 2 days before he said something, but she hasn't been found since.

The same thing has happened to his daughters, but they have yet to find a body, dead or alive.

"The call came in an hour ago" Hotch informs and Maya knits her eyebrows in confusion, "How does a single father lose his teenage daughters for 36 hours?" JJ asks while Maya shifts uncomfortably in her seat as she thinks about how much her father drank and would forget she was even born.

"He doesn't" Rossi states and Maya clears her throat softly before putting her attention back on the case.

"His girls are gone, and he doesn't blame anyone" Alex realizes. "And he doesn't use any buzzwords like first responders are trained to hear" Derek adds, referring to the words missing, abducted, and runaway.

"Maybe they ran away" Maya says and Rossi shrugs his shoulders, "No history of that" Rossi states.

"You plan something like that, doesn't just happen. No history because they didn't have the guts to do it sooner" Maya says, looking down at the case file, not meeting anyone's eyes.

"Either way this guy is a victim of a serial offender, or he is one" Rossi states before Derek wonders if the father is in custody. The police are at the fathers' home, and they've been there since the call came in.

_____

On the plane, the team goes over the sordid family history of the victims. The father is an author while the mother was into real estate. There was marital trouble as well. The wife cheated on the husband right before her disappearance. He might have killed her to inherit her money but there wasn't enough evidence and the affair the wife was having wasn't deemed enough as a motive.

"You cheating on me? HUH! Answer me, bitch!" Maya heard as she was looking out her bedroom door that was slightly cracked. "I- I-" Her mother stuttered before her father swung his plan across the cheek of her mother. It wasn't the first time he hit her, and it wouldn't be the last.

"Why does dad hit mom?" Thomas asks as Maya gently closes her bedroom door, making sure it was quiet so her father wouldn't barge into her room next. "I don't know..." Maya mumbles before she takes a seat next to Thomas on her bed and looks down at his drawing. His very brutal, dark drawing but never said anything about it except, it was lovely.