𝙏𝙀𝙉

"Sometimes to be seen is the same thing as being saved"
-Mary Rakow-

"Garcia wants us ASAP" Maya informs as she steps into Derek's office

"Garcia wants us ASAP" Maya informs as she steps into Derek's office. Maya and Derek make it into round table where Garcia explains that a principal was killed by a bomb modeled after the one from the horrific incident that took place a decade ago.

Turns out, Hotch and Rossi both worked on the case together. "A kid named Randy Slade shot 3 students and then set off an I.E.D. in the cafeteria via cell phone, killing himself and 13 kids total but not before posting all of his plans online. It was one of those 'Where Were You' events" JJ explains as everyone listens in.

"Last night, the principal. Principal Givens was killed by a bomb modeled exactly like the old one" Garcia informs and Maya widens her eyes as she flips through the photos sent to her in her tablet. "So, it's a copycat?" Maya asks while Derek shrugs. "It feels like the unsub wants to attack the man who kept the school together after the bombing. It's a pretty symbolic target" Derek explains while Maya starts to look over the case file seeing all of the kids who were left alive after the explosion.

"Could it be one of the students? Maybe they were upset that everyone forgot about it. Like nobody cared who died" Maya suggests. "This school held multiple memorials and set up counseling and spoke with almost every kid individually after the event. They definitely cared" JJ reflects and Maya feels she's run out of ideas.

"Whoever did this, wants to relive it," says Hotch of the killer.

_____

"Perpetrators of school violence are often sophisticated with their weapons. Randy carried his bomb in his backpack. This guy hid his in Givens' clock radio" Reid observes. "Each one tries to top the body count of the previous. It's like a sequel of a movie" Maya states as she sits next to Derek on the jet.

The team digs deeper and learns more about the old killer Randy Slade who was A plus student and did very well in school. He did wrestle and was even in the varsity team. This guy wasn't a loner at all, not with his social status," Rossi, who worked the case with Hotch, explains that the killer died in the attacks, but he always suspected that there might have been a silent partner.

"Slade was too much of a narcissist to share credit. But he was also an impulsive teen, which is what bothers me about this unsub" Hotch states. "His sense of control?" Emily asks, already know the answer. "And the end game that he's working towards. Scalded pathology revolved around the big kill. This unsub could've done the same if he waited for the candlelight vigil" Hotch explains as looks around at the team who listen carefully trying to learn more and more about this case.

"Which means there no blaze of glory fantasy here. This unsub has more bombs made, and he's savoring the anticipation of his next attack" Rossi concludes.