𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙊𝙉𝙀

"What happens in the past, is in the past. But don't be surprised if it comes back and haunts you"
-Nicholas Sparks-

tw: sexual assault mentioned/written

"Hey, here" Maya says as she walks up to Derek, handing him a cup of coffee

"Hey, here" Maya says as she walks up to Derek, handing him a cup of coffee. "I'm about to give a lecture, don't think I have time for coffee" Derek jokes before he takes a sip of the coffee. "Yeah, but the lady gave me two when I asked for one and I was too afraid to give it back so... you can have it or throw it out" Maya explains as she rests one of her hands in her back pocket.

"You sure you don't want to give this lecture with us? I know you read a lot about the case" Derek asks, referring to a case that happened about 20 years ago. "No, I'm not good with crowds and I rather sit down anyway" Maya says, not wanting to get up on stage and speak about a case to a class full of college students.

Rossi brought the team to a college so he could give a lecture about the science of criminal profiling. The team wanted to go but they also volunteered to help him do the lecture so he wasn't up there alone. Maya, on the other hand, decided to back out of this one and watch from the crowd since she has no valuable information to give.

"Well, I hope you enjoy the class" Derek jokes before he walks over to the rest of the team while Maya walks out and finds an empty seat by a student who has his laptop out, ready to take notes on the information about to be given to him.

"It's rare than an undergrad criminology class gets guess speakers of this caliber. But today we're specially fortunate. I'd like to welcome an old friend, esteemed author and FBI Agent David Rossi, and his team, the behavioral analysis unit" The lady introduces. Maya watches from the crowd and puts one of her legs over the other as she watches and listens.

"Woah, nice gun" The boy next to her cheers quietly, looking at the gun Maya has on her hip.

"Yeah... thanks" Maya says before she uses her shirt to cover it up.

The team announces that they're going to be talking about what makes a serial killer. They show two women from different backgrounds and classes, saying that they couldn't be more different. The one thing they had in common? Crossing paths with 'the most profilic serial killer the BAU has ever seen.

"Are you one of them?" The college boy with dark brown hair, a leather jacket and clean black boots asks softly. "Yeah, but I don't know much about the case they will be talking about" Maya answers, trying to be as nice as she can while also trying to listen to the lecture.

The team talks about how this killer probably grew up in a monstrously abusive household, but that people shouldn't be prejudiced against the monstrously abused, since they don't all become killers. Rossi furthers his point by saying 'not all' psychopaths become killers. The killer they're talking about is still out there, and he butchers women up and down the California coast. But he's only got 40 victims so far, and Frank was well into 3 digits. Still, the team thinks this is a good case to use.