𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍

"In the silence behind what can be heard lies the answers we have been searching for for so long"
-Andreas Fransson-

"Good, because I don't want to talk" Maya says before she leans in, pressing her lips onto Derek's without warning, without permission

"Good, because I don't want to talk" Maya says before she leans in, pressing her lips onto Derek's without warning, without permission. Without even deciding to do it, but simply because she couldn't have done anything else. She needed that breath he was holding. It belonged to her, and she wanted it back...

Over at Quantico, Garcia and Derek are returning from a trip to England to consult on cases/visit with Emily. And they brought presents for everyone. As she and Derek debate who gets what, we learn that she's not talking to Kevin right now.

Garcia and Derek enter the BAU office to see none of the team there. "Where is everyone? Don't tell me there still in Seattle" Garcia says before Derek turns around seeing Reid, Maya and JJ walk into the office, fresh out of the elevator.

"Hi!" Garcia cheers as she pulls JJ and Maya in for a hug. "Oh, my god, your hair!" Garcia mentions, noticing how Maya's once blonde hair has gotten darker, blonde highlights still able to be seen.

Maya locks eyes with Derek and is speechless. She hasn't talked to Derek since the night after JJ's surprise wedding. She's talked to him but not about the situation and its small talk and it's making things awkward by the second.

"How was Seattle?" Derek asks as Maya pulls away from the hug with Garcia. "Fine" Maya answers, clearing her throat, not meeting Derek's eyes.

"Are we going to talk like adults-". "I don't know what you're talking about" Maya interrupts, making Derek scoff in annoyance before he greets JJ and Reid. "Everything okay?" JJ asks while looking between Maya and Derek.

Maya forces a smile onto her face and nods her head assuring, "All good" Maya says softly.

The topic then changes, and they talk about the new woman on the team Alex Blake, including Garcia dumping a huge amount of exposition about the character's backstory. "She seems fine to me" Maya shrugs and Garcia nods her head repeatedly, "Yeah, I bet. I mean, her being a Berkeley grad, double major, bureau star of Unabomber case. And she teaches at Georgetown but when she's not doing that, she's SSAing at The Washington Field Office" Garcia rants and Maya widens her eyes slightly as she looks to JJ wondering if Garcia will ever stop talking.

"Does she go through everyone's personal life?" Maya asks and JJ sighs, nodding her head. "Just about" JJ answers before Garcia catches her breath after ranting about the new member of the team.

"Listen, I couldn't sleep on the plane- My point is, clearly, she is smart and capable, but is she nice?" Garcia wonders and Maya clears her throat as she sees the women herself, Alex Blake start to walk up behind Garcia while she's talking.

"Oh, dear god, this is happening. Where I talk and the person is behind... me" Garcia says as she does a 180, looking to the new team member in shock. "The origin of nice is 12th century middle English, meaning foolish or stupid. I hope you're referring to the modern use of the adjective" Blake states and Maya chuckles softly, but Derek nudges her arm, and she quickly quiets down.