𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

"Monsters are real, and so are ghosts. They live inside us and sometimes, they win"
-Stephen King-

 They live inside us and sometimes, they win"-Stephen King-

There Maya was. In the comfort of her own home. It was a nice home with great furniture and a great view that looked out onto the city. She worked hard to get here, and she wasn't going to let anything, or anyone get in the way of that. Maya was making her way to her kitchen when her doorbell rang. "What the?" Maya mumbles to herself as she walks over to her door and opens it, revealing Derek Morgan.

"That's a sight to see" Derek says as he looks Maya up and down. One thing Maya forgot was that she didn't have a shirt on, only a bra and her jeans while her hair rested on her shoulders. "Oh shit!" Maya exclaims and looks around for something to cover up but simply finds nothing and thinks it can't get any worse than this. "Wait- How did you know where I live?" Maya asks before Garcia and Reid also walk up on her porch.

"I looked it up" Garcia says as she raises her hand. Reid widens his eyes and covers his eyes quickly as he notices Maya has no shirt on. "And why are you here?" Maya asks as she looks around at them and notices a smirking Derek.

"We wanted to know if you'd come watch a movie with us. It's a scary movie" Garcia states. "Slasher. It's a slasher movie" Reid corrects but Garcia waves him off. "Yeah, scary slasher movies aren't my thing" Maya states before Derek chuckles softly. "But opening the door in a bra is?" Derek wonders and Maya rolls her eyes.

"Please, it'll be fun!" Garcia begs before Reid joins in on the pleading as well. "Yeah, join us. You can even come like that" Derek says and Maya hits his arm before sighing stressfully. "Fine. Fine. I'll go and I'm putting a shirt on" Maya states before she slams the door in their face.

_____

Hours later, the small group leaves the multiplex after watching the slasher movie. "That was way too much blood and gore and gross..." Garcia cringes as Maya and the rest of the group walk in unison. "We see that every day" Maya states and Garcia sighs, shaking her head. "It's not the same" Garcia states and Maya chuckles as she looks around at their surroundings.

"I mean, the movie is called Slice 6. What were you expecting?" Derek asks and Maya laughs at his question as she sees Garcia getting stressed. "A refreshing beverage with a twist of comedy. I'm gonna have nightmares for a week" Garcia pleads and Maya shakes her head. "You picked the wrong movie" Maya mumbles as her and the group continue to walk.

"Don't worry. I'm sure Morgan will protect you when he's not jumping out of his chair like a prepubescent schoolgirl" Reid jokes and Maya burst out into laughter. "I only jumped because you guys woke me up" Morgan states. "No, you were definitely awake. You jumped when the man jumped out the closet and sliced open the girl's abdomen" Maya states and watches as Derek blushes while shaking his head.

_____

The next morning, the team meets in the office for another case. "Did you have fun last night?" Derek asks as Maya turns to look over at him. "If I say yes, will you shut up?" Maya asks and Derek chuckles softly before shaking his head and turning his attention towards the screen where Garcia presents the new case.