𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends."
-Richard Bach-

" -Richard Bach-

J.J. is being questioned by a Senate Committee while, outside the room, the rest of the team waits and paces. Maya decided to tag along even though she's not being questioned since she wasn't present during the Emily Prentiss case. J.J. came back and she wasn't a fan of Maya. She didn't like how she did things, how tough she was and slightly careless she was. Maya didn't have a problem with J.J. except the fact she criticized everything she did. It was like J.J. was purposely trying to pick a fight and find something wrong about Maya.

"Why aren't we in there?" Reid asks as he paces. Maya stands up against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest. "They're just trying to intimidate you. You of all people should know that" Maya states as she lets out a sigh while looking around the building.

"You didn't have to come" Derek says as he looks over to Maya who shrugs his shoulders. "I figured I come for support" Maya states and Derek smiles at her answer.

TWO WEEKS EARLIER

"Derek, I know nothing about this case. How could I be of any help?" Maya asks as she looks to Derek who sits on her living room couch, begging for Maya to help out with this case. "I can tell you all that you need to know. I need all hands-on deck; you have to help me" Derek begs and Maya sighs as she looks into Derek's pleading eyes.

"What's so special about this Emily girl? She's dead" Maya states as she takes a seat next to Derek. "She was my friend, and she didn't deserve to die the way she did." Derek says and Maya was convinced.

____

Derek, gun drawn, bursts into an apartment with J.J. and Maya by his side. Maya whistles to the closed closet door and points her gun at it before she quickly opens it, only to find it empty. They look up to see a hatch in the ceiling and someone moving around. Why do people move up instead of down sometimes? When they are running away to higher places...

They then head to the roof. The three spilt up and out of nowhere, a shadowy figure tackles Maya from above. "Ah!" Maya groans as she swings her elbow and hits the mysterious man in the face.

She tries to crawl away, but the man grabs her by her hair and slams her into the metal door that goes back inside the building. "Maya? Maya!" Derek shouts as he pistols whips the man to the ground and points his gun at him.

"Don't move" Derek orders but the man moves anyway and swings his feet under Derek's causing Derek to land on his back and his gun to release from his hands.

A struggle ensues before Derek is able to get the man off of him and retrieve his gun. Maya groans as her head is in pain but she manages to find her gun. The shadowy man starts running until Maya cocks her gun back, letting him know that she's there.