𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔

"Toxic people will pollute everything around them. Don't hesitate"
-Mandy Hale-

Maya woke up to the sound of sizzling

Maya woke up to the sound of sizzling. "Ugh" Maya groaned before throwing the blanket over her head and trying to go back to sleep, but it was impossible as she heard noises of plates clashing together and being set down.

She slowly slides the blanket off of her body, looking down on the ground, finding her black tank top that was thrown onto the wooden floors in her bedroom. She slipped the top overhead, covering her body while she adjusted her shorts around her waist.

Maya then made her way out of her room, only to see Derek Morgan standing in her kitchen cooking breakfast. "What are you doing?" Maya asks, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear as she strolls into the kitchen, getting full view of Derek's cooking.

"Cooking. I got bored" Derek states and Maya's face scrunches into a confused one.

"So, why didn't you leave?" Maya wonders and Derek turns around after placing the eggs on each other their plates.

"You'd just want me to leave? No warning, nothing?" Derek asks and Maya can see he's getting quite upset about the question which makes her scoff jokingly, "Isn't that what you always do? Leave without a word?" Maya asks and Derek rests his hands on the counter in front of him, looking at Maya who stands on the other side.

"I do, I have, I don't- I-" Derek stammers over his words and Maya raises her eyebrows, leaning in a tad bit closer while waiting for an answer but she doesn't get one.

"We're not like together. I didn't expect you to stick around and make me breakfast... at all" Maya says as she looks down at the plate of eggs, toast, and bacon that Derek prepared for her this morning.

"Well, I did. Is it really that bad?" Derek wonders and Maya shakes her head. "No, not at all. I don't usually cook anyway. I kind of buy the groceries so my fridge doesn't look empty" Maya says before she looks up at Derek with a smile on her face which causes Derek to smile because her smile just lights up the room.

"You done being a baby about it? I'll eat the eggs" Maya says, grabbing a fork and digging into the food that's nicely cooked.

A few moments later, Maya and Derek's phone go off. They check their messages and immediately look up at each other, "Duty calls" Derek states as he and Maya both set their plates down on the counter.

_____

They arrive at the BAU, seeing everyone crowded around the desks. "You two came here fast" JJ says, whispering to Maya. "Stop" Maya scoffs which makes JJ laughs softly before looking up at the news that plays on the television, and it talks about an abduction.