Ch44: Beach Party

To my delight, everyone manages to get everything ready before the first girl steps outdoors. Still, regardless, they're ushered away from the direction we're working in as a precaution. We're doing the final touch-ups when Roselyn comes up to me.

Roselyn: Everyone's ready, ma'am.

Me: Perfect. I want them to enjoy themselves.

Roselyn: I'll see to-

Me: That includes you.

Her eyes widen at that but rather than respond she simply smiles. Our moment is soon broken, however, by the unmistakable voice of one over-excited mother. I don't even manage to turn to face her before her arms wrap around me from behind.

Me: Mother, I see you've returned.

FDG: Is that any way to greet me? Here I thought you missed me...

She pouts for emphasis but I merely roll my eyes before shrugging off her embrace. She doesn't try hugging me again, however, instead turning her attention on everything else as one by one everyone arrives on the beach being escorted by the attendants I sent to fetch them.

FDG: Where are my grandchildren? At least they know how to-

Me: They're away on a mission.

FDG: W-

Gangut: Now this is what I'm talking about! So everything here is free, right?

Attendant: Yes, Miss Gangut. By the request of the Madame, all items-

Gangut: Hell yeah! I'll take one of everything.

Attendant: As you wish.

Gangut: Say, Graf, why don't you come join me?

Zeppelin: Huh?

Gangut: Come on. It'll be fun!

Seeing everyone just relaxing and getting along together brings a smile to my face

Seeing everyone just relaxing and getting along together brings a smile to my face. This is how things should be. We shouldn't need to be constantly worrying about war or strife. We shouldn't be separated into enemies and foes. We should simply be able to coexist. We may not agree on everything but that doesn't mean we need to go to war over it. That said if my old world is anything to go by then people only unite when facing a common enemy. After all, even in our "enlightened" age, every other day another war broke out. 

The only reason it had yet to evolve into a worldwide event was simply due to the fact that more often than not it was between a major power and a minor one or a coalition vs terrorists or tyrants and when it came to my own nation and that of the USA, it was the existence of nukes on both sides and the fact that the war never truly became a "war" that ultimately stopped it from spreading.

It is true what they say. There's nothing new under the sun. Regardless of the time, world or age, humanity is still the same.

Sigh