Ch24: Meine Armee (2)

As the rest of the girls leave, I have Roselyn single a few out. At the same time, I have one of the guards call the rest of the general staff into the hallway. It's still early, given the prior meeting didn't last as long as it could have, but they still turn up quickly. Once everyone's seated, I resume.

Me: As you're all aware of who I am by this point, we'll skip the pointless introductions. We're here to discuss the upcoming operations. However, before I continue let it be known that no one outside of this room should hear a single word spoken here today. The penalty for revealing even the smallest detail is death.

Noticing the men from the restaurant earlier, I decide to use them as an emphasis to my point. 

Me: That especially goes for you three. You've already been granted pardon once due to the information you gave away being irrelevant to my plans but do so again and next time you'll become a permanent addition to the furniture.

Bergmann: So that's what happened...

Me: Does anyone have an issue with this? No? Good. Now to the operation at hand. We'll be invading the Royal Navy.

Immediately the room bursts into action as everyone begins chatting away. Rather than attempt to quiet them down, however, I walk over to one of the guards and draw his pistol.

BAM BAM!

The room falls quiet. 

Me: Wonderful. If you have a question, raise your hand and I might address you. However, speak out of turn again and the next bullet will find its mark between your eyes.

Not even the natural sound of a gathering of people breathing can be heard.

Me: As I was saying, we'll be invading the Royal Navy but it is nothing more than a distraction and while it will prove a crucial part of our overall plan, the main objective is the Northern Parliament.

To illustrate what I mean, I have Roselyn distribute maps to the guards who then hand them out to everyone gathered in the room. As they do, I continue by providing them with a general overview. Rather than follow the plan I had laid out to the Fuehrer, we'll deploy both armies into modern-day Norway and Sweden and have them push straight for Finland. Should the enemy react by redeploying troops to drive us back then half our forces will return across the Baltic and invade the Northern parliament through the Baltic regions. 

The attack on Royal Navy will be a much smaller operation but will also require more finesse as we need to get in, deal as much damage as possible and then get out before they can react. To that end, I had four Junkers Ju 390 bombers delivered to Bremen. They're undergoing slight modifications to allow them to drop KANSEN rather than bombs but their main purpose is to simply fly them to the target undetected. Once there, they'll drop them and then continue flying northwards until they exit the Royal Navy before turning and returning to base.

Usually, this would be a terrible plan as the Royal Navy is infamous for maintaining air supremacy over its mainland against much larger odds. However, these planes can fly at well over 20,000 feet and the KANSEN they are dropping don't require the same safety measures as human troops would. They can thus be dropped from max altitude and arrive on site ready for action. The only issue will be getting them to land where we need them to. I doubt any of these girls have ever skydived before. We'll have to do some test runs first. 

Me: Key to all this will be speed and logistics. This is merely the general idea. In the documents you'll receive while leaving this hall, you'll find the full details. With that out of the way, these are your assignments.

5th Army - Roselyn Schubert + Friedrich der Große (100,000+ men)