𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙊𝙉𝙀

Start from the beginning

And to their surprise, a new body has been discovered and Maya and Blake were assigned to check it out. "You okay? You didn't talk the whole ride" Alex wonders as Maya places her sunglasses over her eyes as they start to walk towards the newest body.

"Afraid if I talk, you'll notice something and it'll turn into an English lecture so, I'm good" Maya snaps before her and Blake stop right in front of the newest body.

Excusing her comment, Blake talks about the body. "The unsub wasn't trying to hide his victim" Alex states before her and Maya place surgical gloves on their hands and bends down near the body.

"Detective, is this how he was found?" Maya asks, looking up at the detective who joins them on the case, confirming the crime scene is exactly they found it.

"Look at the box" Maya notices, "It's like he's on display" she adds, knocking on the wooden box that was left wide open for everyone to see the body. "How considerate" Alex states and Maya scoffs jokingly.

"This was definitely taken the day he was abducted because his hair was longer then" Alex states while holding up a photo of the victim when he was at an ATM just days before his abduction.

"And his nails are painted... red" Maya states as she holds up the victims' hand, show casing the nail polish.

"He didn't do that to the first guy" Detective Martin states as he observes nearby. "So, what's going on here?" Maya asks herself as she gently lays the hand back down where it was.

"He's trying to emasculate them. This is just all part of the unsubs fantasy" Alex realizes as Maya shakes her head slowly, "What a horrible fantasy" Maya mumbles to herself before her and Alex rise to their feet.

_____

Over at the station, Reid makes the leap that the victims' arms were presumably stretched with a medieval rack, and they have Penelope do a google search for local S&M suppliers. Since nothing is found, Rossi theorizes that Brad might have built his own, which would be a complex undertaking.

Derek then shows up with some news. Not only did the unsub abduct the guy in broad daylight by walking in the front door with ketchup on his coat, pretending it was blood, but he'd also cut the feed to the guy's security camera first.

Rossi points out that the unsub must have caused the house before attacking, which is high-risk behavior in the middle of the afternoon.

Later in the day, the new victim then turns up in a box-once again he's failed the test while the lady has passed. Reid notices that the victim is wearing the exact same jeans and shirt as the previous victim and suggests that the store they were purchased from could be a lead.

Now it's time for the profile. Based on the holes in the guy's hands and feat, they figure that the killer is attempting a crucifixion, but it's just not working right. The team also thinks that the killer must feel wronged by his victims, since crucifixion was historically reserved as the punishment for the most serious crimes.

_____

Maya looks through the case file and ME reports while eating a red piece of licorice. She bounces her leg up and down before Alex takes a seat in front of her. "Come up with anything?" Alex wonders and Maya sighs, setting her two licorices down on a napkin she already had set up.

"If I had something, I'd say something" Maya states before, setting the files down on the table in front of her.

"Why don't you like me?" Alex asks, getting straight to the point which makes Maya burst out into laughter before grabbing her almost empty cup of coffee. "Wow, you really beg for attention" Maya says before she walks over to the coffee pots that's in the same room.