Revenge is a Dish Best Served While Sleeping

Start from the beginning

Kate was starting to get a little worried about Natasha's answer, concerned that because Natasha was Yelena's sister that she would not agree to help Kate. However, Natasha suddenly laughed, a wide grin spreading across her face, and Kate felt relief running through her as she laughed with her. Natasha reached out to her, gently squeezing the joint between Kate's neck and shoulder.

"Of course, good grief... I thought something was wrong," Natasha chuckled warmly, and Kate shrugged sheepishly with a grin.

"Sorry," Kate apologized, and Natasha shook her head as she eyed Kate lovingly.

"It's alright. Don't worry, I would be glad to help you prank Yelena," Natasha assured her with a wide grin, and Kate let out a breath as she grinned, pleased that she officially had an ally in this endeavor. After all, she was going to need all the help she could to get Yelena back.

"So what are we doing?" Natasha questioned, and Kate smiled just a little as a thought came to her mind.

"You said she was napping, right?"

Natasha grinned widely and evilly, and Kate chuckled as she nodded to her slowly, already having an idea.

This was going to be good.

.....................................................................................................................

Yelena suddenly woke up, realizing that someone was gently rubbing her stomach softly as they laid there just behind her and held her against them. Yelena immediately took in Natasha's scent washing over her, and she grinned sleepily as she pushed back and nestled further into Natasha's hold. Natasha pressed her forehead to the back of Yelena's neck.

"Mm... Morning," Yelena expressed, and Natasha chuckled immediately. She sounded far too awake to have been sleeping with Yelena for very long, so Yelena knew that she had probably just come to bed.

"More like evening, but okay," Natasha playfully poked Yelena's stomach, and Yelena just halfheartedly swatted at her as she relaxed against her trustingly. Yelena huffed a little at her.

"Whatever, you stinky poser... Always having to get technical," Yelena complained, and Natasha giggled warmly.

Yelena furrowed her brow a little as she took in the sound of Natasha's laugh. Something was off about it, but Yelena could not exactly put her finger on it. She had the strangest feeling that something was not quite right.

Yelena wordlessly rolled in Natasha's embrace, and Natasha was just smiling softly as Yelena met her eyes. However, as Natasha slightly shifted her eyes to take in the entirety of Yelena's face, she huffed a little, a giant grin on her face as she looked at her. Yelena furrowed her brow, eyeing Natasha strangely.

"What's so funny?" Yelena questioned skeptically.

"Nothing. You're just cute," Natasha expressed, and Yelena narrowed her eyes a little, her guard going up as she realized that Natasha sounded far too amused for Yelena to entirely trust the statement. Besides, Yelena did not really appreciate being called cute, anyway. She was tough and threatening, even if Natasha tried to say otherwise.

"Why do you keep laughing?" Yelena inquired, pushing a little further as she stared down the older woman. Natasha huffed as she grinned widely. She leaned forward and kissed Yelena's nose.

"You're just cute," Natasha repeated simply, and Yelena huffed before suddenly getting the weirdest feeling that something was on her face.

"What? Did I drool or something?"

"No," Natasha laughed a little, sounding somewhat heartier in her mirth as she gazed at the blonde. Yelena immediately knew something was on her face as she realized Natasha was looking more in the area of her cheeks.