Chapter 1

|| Anneline||

Marriage, it was something I looked forward to as a child. A day where I could wear a sparkling white dress with my betrothed in a beautiful black suit. The day where I'll announce my love in front of my family for my partner, the day where we declare that we'd spend the rest of our lives together. Where we'd create our own little family.

I looked to forward to that. My parents eyes were filled with love whenever they looked at each other. It's like I could see a spark in my mothers eyes as she gazed at my dad. My dad would always look at her as if she was the most important thing in the world. I wanted that, I wanted to know what it would feel like to love someone.

As a teenager I was a hopeless romantic. I always fathomed over romance novels with cliché tropes. It was my source of entertainment and always seemed to brighten my mood whenever I was feeling down. I liked reading about all the hardships people were willing to go through all for the sake of love. I'd imagine being in a situation similar to the female lead's. Yes, it was all fiction but I do believe that there are people out there who go through similar problems. So, I made it my goal to meet the love of my life and love like no other.

Of course, I dreamt all that as a teenager.

When I turned 24 I married to my partner, Cameron. We dated for 6 years. One day, during a date, he finally got on one knee and popped the question. I was overjoyed and thought "Finally, I get to have my happy ever after".

I remember being happy and filled with excitement during the planning of our wedding. I'd have restless nights and just squeal with excitement. My mother was just as overjoyed as I was and told me that I finally to get experience pure bliss.

On my wedding day, I was a bundle of nerves. As I stood in my wedding gown and my hair styled to perfection, I just stared in the mirror. My mom was behind me telling me how proud she was of me and happy that she raised me so well. I wanted to tear up but restrained myself from doing so, I didn't want the make-up artist's work to go for naught.

When I walked the alter with my dad, Cameron looked more on edge then me. He's usually confident stature was now all a bundle of nerves. The bottle green eyes of his wich was looked directly at you with confidence was now blinking rapidly trying to hold back unshed tears. Even so, he looked handsome. His suit hugging his lean figure perfectly, with no crease. His hair was styled with a fresh cut, not a strand out of place.

I couldn't help but smile a little as I saw his hands fidgeting. The rest of the ceremony felt like a blur. To the vows, the exchange of rings and to the kiss to end it off. I was brought back to reality when I heard loud cheers and crying of joy from everyone.

All I know is, it was a joyous day. I've been married to him for 2 years and I haven't had any complaints. The only times we'd bicker was because of the seat that wasn't placed back down of the toilet, him occasionally throwing his dirty clothes next to the laundry basket instead of inside it, or the toothpaste marks on the bathroom mirror he never wipes of. Other than that I was living with a smile plastered on my face most of the time. I enjoyed my work life and my home life.

"Hey, Ann, are you working overtime this month?" Cindy asked as she came over and gave a steaming cup of coffee.

"Thanks, and no I don't think I will be. Cameron and I wants to spend a little time together. Both of us has been stacked up with work so we don't see much of each other, even at home" I reply as I take a sip of my coffee.

She gave a little sigh and sat down on my desk.

"Married life sure seems complicated." Cindy said staring up into the ceiling.

"A bit, but with those complications comes a lot happiness." I reply

"Jeez, you and your love quotes. In anycase, we're getting off earlier today. The bossman said he'll give us the company card and we can have a little night out." Cindy said with a smirk plastered on her face.

"What's the occasion?"

"Don't know, maybe he just felt little generous? Anyways, 6pm, I'll send the address. I still have a few errands to run." she said as she hopped off and scurried to her office.

Cindy and I have been coworkers for a few months now and honestly, it feels like I've known her for years. She's absolute when it comes to work and showed me the ropes when I started working for this company. We became good friends and always have an occasional girls night out or we just stay at hers for a couple hours and drink a bottle of wine together over some home made pasta and biscuits.

I turn back to my computer and started tapping the keys away for the next few hours, looking forward to tonight.