Chapter 18

||Anneline||

Cameron hasn't been picking up any of my calls nor reading my texts.

Is he avoiding me?

If so, why?

Did he find out about Violetta and I?

I've been pacing up and down my room with the neverending thought that he may have found out about my affair.

And lets say he did, shouldn't he confront me about it? I don't care if he loses his marbles but the least he could do is answer my calls or any of my texts.

The unpleasant sense of guilt started seeping back in making me anxious for what's to come in the the next few days. That dreading feeling I somehow managed to hide is now making it's way back and making sure to stay there.

The shattered bottle of wine was there to prove it. The red liquid stained the white carpet like blood would. For some reason I felt like that broken bottle.

The small and large pieces of glass wich lay there...it was like me.

Broken.

Fractured.

Fragmented.

Smashed.

Those few words weren't enough to describe how I felt. The inner feeling other than guilt was an undescribable feeling; a feeling that couldn't be put to words; a feeling that you couldn't figure out.

What was it?

I don't know...

I stare at my phone laying on the bed anxiously expecting a call from Cameron even though I know there's a low chance of that happening, I didn't give up that hope.

After a minute I gave up, grabbed my phone and frantically started typing Cameron's number. I pressed the call button and waited anxiously.

Pick up...

Please...

The unexpected happend when I heard he picked it up. Before I could even say a word, or call out his name, an unfamiliar voice makes it's way through the call.

"Hello~?"

A childs voice sung through.

"Sorry, daddy can't answer the phone right now. He and mummy are busy in the kitchen making me some yummy snacks!" A childs voice cheered.

Huh?

I take the phone away from my ear and look at screen. Surely enough, Cameron's name was visible, I didn't dial the wrong number.

With a bit of hesitation, I bring back the phone to my ear and speak up.

"Umm, W-what's your daddy's name?" I asked.

The tears were on the brim of my eyelids, stinging my eyes; on the verge of escaping.

"Hmm? Oh! Daddy's name is Camerol! No, not Camerol! Or is it?"

I cover my mouth with my free hand, stopping a sob from escaping. I feel the tears roll down my cheeks. I try and stop them and slowly remove my hand from my mouth. I take a deep breath and wipe down my tearstained cheeks.

Before I could utter another word, I hear a different voice in the background.

"Emilia! Your snacks are ready."

It was Cameron.

That was Camerons voice.

"On my way!" The child yells in reply.