Chapter 16

||Anneline||

Cindy found out.

She knew about my affair and knew exactly who it was with.

"Well, thank you captain obvious." A voice reminded me in the back of my mind.

I internally groaned with the situation.

After I had a whole breakdown on Cindy's shoulder, we stayed quiet with her continuing to rub soothing circles on my back and with me letting out occasional sniffles. During those few moments of silence, my mind just went blank.

I couldn't think and didn't want to think either.

Cindy broke the silence and told me that she wouldn't say a word to Cameron, that it wasn't her place. I felt a sense of relief and some weight being lifted of my shoulders. I was happy she wouldn't out me. It gave me more time to process everything and figuring out my own thoughts, but I just couldn't.

I was going crazy and just went in a never ending loop.

I want to figure everything out but where do I start?

Do I tell Cameron everything?

If I do, what are the consequences?

What will he say?

What will he think of me?

How will he handle it?

Never ending questions popped up yet not one valid answer.

The thought of ending things off with Violetta popped up as well but I immediately disagreed with myself. I didn't want to end things off with her.
The reason for that...I didn't know the answer to that either.

After I left Cindy's, I stayed home for two days. Violetta sent messages and tried phoning me, but I ignored them. I felt guilty for doing so, but I'd just feel worse if I had to look her in the eye. I wasn't blaming her, but rather I felt like a damn idiot.

Currently I was in the bath with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around my legs. Yet again, questions were invading my mind.

I followed the droplet of water that rushed down the tile and counted every passing second it took to eventually make its way down.

1...

2...

3...

4...

5...

6...

I stopped counting when I heard the doorbell.

I got out the bath and dried myself. I quickly slipped on some undies and an oversized shirt with some shorts.

I made my way to the door and took in a deep breath then exhaled. I knew for sure I looked like absolute crap. With that I finally opened the door with a small smile, but that smile turned to shock when I saw who was standing in front of me.

"V-Violetta..."

Violetta simply stared at me. Those hazel brown eyes were locked on mine, as if staring deep into my soul. She didn't say a word and continued staring at me. I couldn't say anything either, I couldn't find the words.

What do I even tell her?

I've ignored for the past two days and the last time I saw her, I left on a good note. So she must've been confused as to why I didn't contact her.

I stepped aside so she could come in and closed the door behind her.

Silence filled the room as I stared at her back.