Chapter 4

||Anneline||

The rest of our little coffee outting was fun. I learned that Violetta was actually half Russian so she sounded a bit different on the phone than in real life. She said that she moved from Russia when she was 12 and started living with her father. I wanted to ask what was the reason as to why she moved but I didn't want to pry in her business. I was scared that I'd touch on a sensitive topic so I just asked about how she found it here compared to her homeland. We spoke about work, mostly me who complained about how tiring it was even though I barely worked at the company for a year. Violetta didn't really mention anything about her work life and just listened to my complaints. She asked how long me and Cameron were together for before we decided to tie the knot and asked how marriage life was. Of course, I had no complaints so far but I told her about how Cameron was always lazy and how forgetful he was at times. Although, he treated me the best way I could ever imagine and always made time for me even though we would both be busy with work. I mentioned about how we were planning on going on a vacation next month and that we're both trying to finish our work.

We stayed at the café for two hours just talking and getting to know each other. After I paid our bill I asked Violetta if there was anything else she wanted. She replied with a simple 'no' and said that the coffee I paid for was enough. When it was time to leave she offered me a lift home.

"You really don't have to. It's just a 10 minute walk, you must have better things to do." I tell her.

"Those things can wait, and like you said, you don't live that far. So please let me give you a lift."

I looked at her for a bit trying to decide if I should take up on the offer. She raised a eyebrow in response with a mischievous smile plastered on her face.

"... Fine, you can take me home." I replied with a small chuckle.

"Great, let's go then." She said enthusiastically.

We left the café and walked to her car. As I was about to open the car door, she opened it for me. I gave a small smile in response and hopped in. I didn't want to think to much about her sudden action so I pulled out my phone to see if Cameron replied yet. Yet again, I was disappointed. He didn't read my message. I felt worry consume me,why didn't he say anything? Why wasn't he replying? Was he still mad at me for last night? I mean I would understand that, but the least he could do was message me for reassurance that he was fine. And it's not as if he's working for hours straight, he gets an hour lunch break. So why? I made a mental note to try and phone him when I arrived home.

Violetta got in the drivers side and started the car.

"You do remember my address, right?" I ask, not looking away from my phone.

"Yup." She replies.

We drove in silence, it wasn't awkward but it wasn't a comfortable silence either. My mind was still wandering about Cameron. I haven't heard from him and it's almost 3pm. I tried using the work excuse on myself again but I knew deep down that, that wouldn't be it. Cameron has always made sure to phone or message me during work hours. Even if it was a simple 'I love you' text.

"Are you okay?" Violetta asked, not taking her eyes of the road.

"What?" I jumped at her sudden words.

"You seem a bit down and your eyes haven't left your phone. Did something happen?" She asks.

"I...It's Cameron. I haven't heard from him all day, to make things worse, I didn't even see a glimpse of him this morning." I replied.

"Maybe his just busy with work? You did say he's more busy than usual."

"Yeah, but he always makes sure to leave a simple text. He doesn't need to call, the least he could do is send a message. Am I expecting to much from him? Maybe I'm being too selfish? Or maybe his still mad about last night?" I asked.