Chapter 29

||Anneline||

"Are you sure you're okay...?" I question.

"Yes, totally fine. Couldn't be any better." Violetta replies abruptly.

I looked at her with confusion as she adjusts her belt and smoothes out her shirt that was already free of creases.

"Violetta."

"Hm?" She replies as she combs her hair to the side that has been done to perfection ages ago.

"Violetta Chekov."

She stops midway with the comb and slowly turns to look at me.

"You've already met my parents, why the hell are you nervous?"

"Nervous? Who said I was nervous?"

I raise a eyebrow in response. She places the comb down on the table and faces me.

"Well?" She questions, "How do I look?"

The reason behind Violetta's behavior is because we're visiting my parents to announce my pregnancy. Not only that, but Violetta has been a nervous wreck of seeing them again because of the impression she made last time she was there. According to my mom, her face immediately changed by the mention of Cameron. Wich explains why she busted in the room that day and told him to leave.

After that whole incident, she's been trying to avoid meeting my parents, till now of course.

"You look great." I reply.

She looked absolutely stunning in her blue pants and white blouse. Her hair (wich she spent the most time on) perfectly aligned her angelic features. Her tall, lean figure added to her beauty and made her stand out like the first day I laid my eyes on her.

"Just be yourself. Mom is already crazy about you. Dad always complains that she can't stop talking about you whenever she gets the chance."

I place a kiss on her lips and rub my thumb over her cheek.

"I don't want you to act all prim and proper just to impress my parents. I want to show them exactly who I fell for. The Violetta I got to know." I ensure her with a smile.

She left a long lingering kiss after my small speech. I savoured the taste of her lips for those few seconds. As always, she tasted sweet.

"Okay, well, I guess everthing will workout well." She comments as she places her hands on my belly.

"It sure will."

On our way to my parents, we stopped by at the store to buy a few gifts. Violetta said she didn't want to show up empty handed like last time and wanted to leave an even better impression on mom. It was quite nice to see her contemplating about buying two boquets of flowers or just one. The little frown that formed between her eyebrows whenever she was concentrating; her foot tapping away with her index finger and thumb placed on her chin; the expressions she made whenever she was thinking, I found all of these things absoultely adorable about her. At first glance, she seems like a women that strides with confidence everywhere she went and has no weakness. The intense gaze she held whenever she spoke with someone, her posture, tone, just simply everything about her screamed perfection.

But, she does have her needy moments where she'll start acting all cute. One example being the struggle of me getting out of bed. With the slightest turn I'd make, she'd hold on even tighter around my chest.

"What do you think? The red ones or the-"

Violetta was cut-off when a child stumbled into her leg, making her drop both the boquets of flowers.

"Ouchie." The child groaned as she rubbed her forehead.

Violetta bent down and immediately started examining the child with a look of concern.

"Are you okay?" She asked the little girl.

"Emilia!"

I look behind and see a women speed walking towards us.

"Emilia, how many times do I have to tell you not to run of on your own?!" The women yells as she grabs the child by the arm.

Violetta gets up from her scrouched position and stands up straight, towering over the women.

"I'm so sorry, she always-"

She stops talking when her eyes land on Violetta. Her smile changes to a look of shock. Violetta simply stared down at the women with absoultely no interest but with a look of boredom and annoyance.

"V-Violetta?" The women croaks out.

Violetta simply looks at the women for a few seconds before averting her attention to the little girl, Emilia.

"Listen to your mom and don't run off without her." She assured the child with a smile and picked up the flowers that fell.

I turn my gaze back to the women.

Her eyes looked lost as she stared at the floor. It was almost as if she was in disbelief when she saw Violetta. It was already obvious that they know each other, but by the reaction Violetta had seeing her, she didn't seem suprised. Again, she looked bored.

"Let's go." Violetta muttered and slipped her hand around my waist, guiding me away from the mother and daughter.

"V-Violetta, please wait!" The women pleaded as we walked off.

I wanted to look back but Violetta didn't give me the chance to do so. I look back at Violetta and try and figure what she was thinking but her expression was filled with a determination of getting us out of the store.

When we were in the car, silence took over. I waited for her to calm down and laid my head back against the seat.

"We dated in highschool. To make a long story short, we were together for two years and she ended it off by saying that she didn't love me anymore. Fast forward to the next day, she was all over another guy. She used me, is what I'm trying to say. I was just too dumb to realize it..." She trailed off.

"I see." I reply.

Violetta turns to me with a look of concern.

"Anneline, doesn't that childs name sound familiar?" She asks.

Familiar?

"What do you mean..."

Wait... Emilia?

That child...

"Don't tell me..."

"Anneline, that's the same women who Cameron has been having an affair with for the past 8 years."

•°•°•°•°•

A/N: I wanna apologise for not updating regularly but exams are in two days and I needed too study;-; (wish me luck 🤞)