Chapter 7

||Anneline||

Violetta showed me around her house. To be completely honest I was flabbergasted. The exterior of the house looked quite smaller than the interior. It was most likely because there were a bunch of empty rooms as well.

After she showed me around, we made our way to the kitchen. I sat at one of the barstools while she prepared ingredients on the counter.

"Any allergies or anything you don't like?" She asked as she washed off the vegetables.

"Nope, I'm not a picky eater. What are you making?"

"...It's a suprise." She commented.

While she was busy preparing dinner, I poured myself a glass of wine and observed her. She was wearing a plain white shirt and grey sweatpants with a pair of slippers. Her hair was tied in a bun at the back of her head. Even though she was just in her homely attire, she looked so pretty. She was focused on what she was doing, her gaze fixated on the cutting board.

Why is that whatever she does, she seems so pretty?

I barely know her yet for some reason when I look at her my chest tightens.

I've seen a number of attractive women in my life, ranging from people I walked by to actual celebrities. Yet I never thought of them as 'Wow', the only thing that popped up in my mind would be that yes, they're pretty. But now that I'm looking at Violetta, they don't come near to her.

The beauty mark under her eye, her pale skin that looks so smooth to the touch. Her long legs and lean stature that makes her look even more eye-catching. And finally, her lips. They were small and full, a pink hue shading them. By the looks of it, they must be so soft and-

"Anneline!" She yelled while waving a hand in front of my face.

I slightly shook my head, "Y-yes?" I manage to spit out.

"Are you okay? I asked you something but you didn't reply." She said with a worried tone.

"Don't worry I'm totally fine." I told her hastily, "what was your question?"

Just what the hell was I thinking?!

"Are you sure? You seem so out of it. Are you sick?" She asked, placing a hand on my head and the other on her head. "Well, you don't seem to have a fever or anything..."

"I'm fine, don't worry."

"Okay, well I wanted to know if you're comfortable eating where you're seated right now?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. What'd you make?" I ask her.

"Patience, I still need to dish." She said dramatically.

I laughed at her and took another sip of my wine. She started dishing up, her back facing me. I honestly had no idea what she made because of my intrusive thoughts. The only thing I could get was the aroma that filled the kitchen and the steam escaping from the pots.

"I present to you, my all time favourite. Creamy chicken and bacon pasta."

She swiftly picks up one of the bowls and places it in front of me. It was filled with hot steaming pasta topped with a creamy sauce. There were bits of chicken and bacon in between with small pieces of vegetables. All in all, it looked divine.

She places down a fork next to it with a napkin.

"Try it." She said.

I looked at her with her raised eyebrow, she looked nervous and fidgety for some reason.

I promptly pick up the untensil and swirl it in the bowly before shoving it in my mouth.

It tasted amazing.