Chapter 3

||Anneline||

The next morning I woke up with the sun shining brightly through the window. My eyes slightly twinging with the light escaping through the curtains. I glanced at my clock and saw that it was only 9am.

I turn to my side and see that Cameron isn't next to me, I assumed he must've left early this morning. I take my phone from my nightstand and see that Cindy had sent a message a couple minutes ago.

Cindy
Hey, did you get home alright??

Anneline
Yeah, someone dropped me off.

After I sent the text my phone rings, Cindy's name shining on the screen.

"Hey, sorry for ditching you last night!"

"Morning Cindy, and it's alright. I understand, you had a little to much to drink and so did I." I reply with a chuckle.

"Well at least your fine. What did Cameron say?"

"He's not home, I'm not sure where he is. I'll send a text to him in a bit." I replied.

"Ah, he and his work. I'm guessing he went back to the office?"

"Maybe. I don't know, he did say he would be busy."

"He sure is a workaholic. Oh! By the way, who took you home last night?!" She asked, her voice filled with worry.

"I... I don't know."

"What?!" Cindy screeched,murmuring being heard on her end. "Shit, I'll talk to you later, bye!" And just like that, the call ended. Well that was weird.

I plopped back down on my bed. Come to think of it, who was that women? Was I so out of it that I forgot to ask her name? I mean, at least I did say thanks for her getting me out of a sticky situation. But still, I could've paid for her cab or something. She went out of her way to make sure I got home safe. Not only that, she didn't even ask for anything in return for her helping me.

My thoughts came to a hault when my phone started ringing again. I assumed it was Cindy so I just swiped it right without looking at the screen.

"Hey, are you free to talk now?" I ask nonchalantly.

"Umm, yes?" A womens voice replies with a questioning tone.

I quickly remove the phone from my ear and glance at the screen, it was an unsaved number.

"Shoot, sorry! I thought it was someone else." I reply hastily.

"It's quite alright." The women replies with a chuckle,"I actually phoned to ask if you feeling a bit better after last night."

What?

"Wait, were you the one that helped me last night?" I ask, getting up from my bed.

"Yes, I asked your number by your husband. He was a bit suspicious when I asked, but I told him that we were newly made friends. I hope you don't mind." She said, sounding a bit worried.

"No,no,no! It's fine! I actually wanted to apologize. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. And also, thanks for making sure I got home safely. Is there anything I could do as a thanks?" I ask.

"No, no it's alright. You don't have to pay me or anything." She replied.

"No, please, I insist. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Well, seeing as though it's Saturday. Are you free at the moment? You could take me out for a coffee?".

"Yes! Sure, I know a café nearby. Their pastries are the best. I'll text you the address. Meet me there at around 12?"