Chapter 14

||Violetta||

"C'mon Vee, you have to be there! You can't expect me to cover for you all the time, I'm getting old for fucks sake!" My dad complained from the other end of the phone.

"Ok, ok. Jesus, I'll be there." I reply and ended the call.

Not even a second later, my phone rings again. This time it was Micah, my secretary.

"Miss, I assume you'll be attending the meeting today?" She asked, her voice filled with amusement.

"Micah, I swear to God. You heard what the old man said. The hell you still asking for?" I replied frustrated.

This women has a tendency to push my buttons and is a total ass licker for my dad. But even with those flaws, she's absolute when it comes to work and knows your needs before you even think about it. It was weird at first, I thought she was into some witchcraft or had the ability to read peoples minds. But eventually, I got used to her tendencies and threw away the weird thoughts I had about her.

She said a simple 'See you there' but it's like I could hear the smile etched in her voice as she said it.

Truth is, I was in trouble.

For the past few days I've skipped work, important functions, meetings and other things that needed my attention and made my father take over for me. Of course, he didn't mind at first but I stepped over the line and it seems that he's had enough of the stunts I pulled.

I ignored his calls but felt guilt erupt and gave in, of course when I answered, he went all out. Personally I feel like he was holding back on scolding me, but I preffered it that way. If I didn't end the call then and there, my dad would've rambled on about how tired he was of my behavior and tossed in a few slurs.

I honestly don't blame him though, I ran away from my responsibilities.

Why, or rather who was the cause?

Anneline.

I'm not blaming her, but I put my work aside so I could spend time with her. And I don't regret it. Not one bit. Even if my dad will most likely throw files at me, I don't care. If it's worth spending time with her, I would endure the pain.

Saying that she had me wrapped around her finger was an understatement. The fact that I skipped work, my only source of income, has already proven that I've fallen head over heels for her.

From day one when we agreed to meet at the café for the first time, I ran out of work and made my way there. I was supposed to be at work for an important meeting but left on short notice and said that I suddenly started feeling sick. My dad believed me through and through, but that was before Micah blurted out that I was meeting a 'lady'. She has a knack for using fancy or weird terms when addressing someone or something.

When my dad heard the news, he lost his shit but forgave me the next day. He has a soft spot for me and I may or may not have taken advantage of that.

Currently, I was getting ready for work. I was wearing a blue suit with a long white shirt, two buttons undone at my chest area, I didn't feel like wearing a tie either so I just went without it. I did a sidepart on my hair and spritz on a bit of colgone along my neck, wrists and behind my ears. I topped it off with black high heels and a gold wrist watch.

My phone rung again, I thought it was Micah trying get on my nerves. But when Anneline's name shone on the screen, my mood brightened.

I swipe right and place the phone to my ear.

"Hey, did you make it home?" I question.

"Mhm. You getting ready for work?" She asked.

"Yup, just got off the phone with old man. And let's just say he is not pleased." I reply.

"Tsk, I still can't believe you skipped work because of me. Call me when you finish, I'm meeting up with Cindy in a bit." She mumbled.

I chuckled at her remark.

"Okay, bye..." I tell her.

There was something more I wanted to say. A simple 'bye' just couldn't suffice. What exactly did I want to say to her? Those words were on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't quite word them out.

The line was silent but I knew Anneline was still present, I could hear her breathing from the other end. In a sense I was happy she didn't end the call, I was happy I wasn't the only one who wanted to make this short moment last longer.

After a long moment of silence, she finally replied.

"Yeah, see you soon."

The familiar sound of the call ending took over my phone.

After Anneline and I's morning activities, we slept in but was awoken my phones ringing. I didn't answer when I saw it was 'asswipe', a.k.a Micah. I simply tossed my phone aside and internally cursed 'cause I knew I was in deep shit.

Anneline and I stayed in bed for a bit longer and just talked about random things as I pecked slow kisses on her neck and jaw. I made sure to leave hickeys on her collarbone as I did so.

She massaged my scalp with her slender fingers and chuckled with my possessive like action. I couldn't help it, she brought things out of me.

Eventually, we got up and showered. I borrowed her a sweatshirt and sweatpants because there was no way in hell I'm letting her wear her already worn clothes. We ate breakfast and talked a bit more.

Our time was shortened when my phone rung again. I believe Anneline heard my dad's tantrum because when the call ended, she ushered me to get ready for work. I gave her a longing kiss goodbye before she was out by the door, wich brings us to now.

I stood in front of my mirror, making sure I looked presentable. Having sex two days in a row tired me out. I haven't been active much so the sudden 'exercise' took its toll on me. And Anneline's advances of this morning totally stirred me up.

I mentally prepared myself before I was out by the door and making my way to my car.

I already knew that the moment I'll arrive at work I'll be swamped with questions with my sudden absence by my co-workers. And I can already see Micah with a smug look plastered on her face with my distress to satisfy everyones curiosities. Not only that, but my dads scolding will put her even further in her high horse.

Fucking hell it's going to be a long day.

I just hope I get to see Anneline soon.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
A/N: sorry for the late update -.-