Chapter 27

||Violetta||

The following morning I woke up feeling refreshed. I thought I wouldn't get any sleep, but knowing full well that Anneline was actually fine, made me frolick in a field of flowers...meaning that I indeed slept well.

The plane ride back didn't take too long, and before I knew it, I was back at my dads place. As per usual, he was behind his desk signing papers and reading a bunch of documents with a glass half-filled with whiskey.

"I see you're back." He says, his eyes not leaving the papers in his hands.

"I was expecting a warm welcome." I reply.

"Tsk, warm welcome my ass. I bet your mother scolded you for not visiting for such a long time."

Of course he knows this.

"She almost threw a book in my face. But I gave her my innocent act and next thing I knew, I recieved a hug and a kiss on the forehead." I incline.

"Well, she always had a soft spot for you." He replies with a chuckle.

"Yup, anyways, I just came by to show my face. I'll come by later, I need to see my sweet Anneline and visit my future in-laws."

My dad simply waved me off, as always.

On my way back home, I was feeling excited and nervous. I'll finally be able to see Anneline and hold her in my arms. I didn't inform as to when exactly I'll be back and simply told her to wait for me at home. Luckily, it was only 2pm and I doubt she had anything she needed to do.

When I arrived home, I took a deep breath before taking my keys out my pocket.

But Anneline didn't give me time to do that as she opened the door and latched on me, making me drop my keys and hoist her up.

"You're back."

"Mhm."

She cupped my cheeks in her soft palms and placed a peck on my lips.

"I missed you, you know." She says.

"I missed you too." I reply as I place a kiss on her cheek.

Anneline hopped down back on the floor and picked up my duffle bag. I followed behind her with my two suitcases and closed the door. As I walked in, I got the aroma of something being cooked.

"You making something?" I ask.

"Yup, I've been craving the pasta you made last time." She replies as she sets down the bag on the couch and makes her way back to the kitchen.

I, too, place down my suitcases and stroll to the kitchen. She was wearing one of my shirts that looked liked an oversized one on her, making her look absolutely adorable as she was stirring a pot. Her hair was up in a messy bun, revealing her pale neck.

I walk up behind her and sneak my hands around her waist as I place my head on her shoulder.

"You almost done?" I question.

"Yup. Although, I doubt I can make it as good as yours." She replies.

"I'll be the judge of that." I state as I place a peck on the crevice of her neck.

I make my way to the fridge in search of a drink.

"Hey, Vee?" Anneline perks up with a questioning tone.

"What'sup?"

"H-How do you feel about having kids?" She asks.

"Well, that's unexpected." I commented as I close the fridge,"What? You want us to have kids?"

"Just, answer my question."

Kids, huh. Having one child alone is already a big responsibility. You'll have a life on your hands that depends on you. A small human incapable of doing things on their own, needing and wanting your advice. A someone who will look up to you; a someone who will see you as hero. One day they'll depend on you, the next they're old enough to make decisions on their own and start living their dream. They'll have their own little family and take the advice you gave them to raise their own kids.
It's confusing, weird, yet fascinating as well.

"Well, I wouldn't mind having a mini you or me, or maybe even both. It's goi-"

"Im pregnant." She states.

I was blank.

It's like time paused when she said that sentence.

"What?"

"I'm pregnant." She repeats her eyes not leaving the pot as her hand continues stirring the content inside,"I found out yesterday."

"Look, I'll admit having a kid sounds like a big responsibility," she continues, "especially this early in our relationship, but-"

"You're pregnant?" I managed to say as I felt my vision getting blurry by tears on the verge of streaming down my cheeks.

"...Y-yes." She replied in a wavering voice, her eyes still latched on what's in front of her.

"Anneline, look at me."

She gives of a long sigh before she finally turns around and looks at me. Her eyes were glistening with tears that were also on the verge of escaping. Her hands started fumbling with the end of my shirt as she quickly looked down at the floor.

She's pregnant.

She's pregnant with my child...

Anneline is bearing my child, my child...no...

She's bearing our child.

She's pregnant with our child.

"Look, I-I unde-"

Before she could say anything else, I swept her off her feet and placed a long lingering kiss on her lips. I felt her hesitate for a moment before she finally draped her arms over my shoulders. I tightened my grip on her waist as she groaned into our latched lips.

"You... Aren't you upset?" She asked with soft pants and tearstained cheeks.

"Upset? Why would I be?" I question.

"Well... I don't know. Maybe you just didn't want to have a child, now at least. I mean, we've barely been together too long and-"

"Enough already. What happend, happend. And in anycase, maybe it's a sign that we should get married a soon as possible." I say with a smile.

Anneline burst out laughing with my words.

"It's not even been that long since I've gotten a divorce and you want us to get married?"

"Oh come on, the little guy growing inside you is giving us a sign, a clear sign that we should plan our wedding!" I reply enthusiastically.

"Uhh, actually..." She trails of.

"What? Is something wrong?"

"There might be a chance that I'm pregnant with twins." She responds innocently.

Huh?