Chapter 28

||Anneline||

"Yeah, I'll let you know beforehand. Love you, bye mom." I say as I end the call.

"I thought you're going to tell her the news." Violetta perked up.

"Well, I want it to be a suprise."

She chuckles and places a kiss on my cheek.

I'll admit, I was nervous and reluctant on letting Violetta know that I was pregnant. I was afraid that she'd have a negative reaction or simply be upset. But, she proved me wrong.

Her face lit up with excitement as she took me in her arms and placed a kiss on my lips. The way her tears aligned the brim of her eyelids with the news made my heart beat faster. Simply seeing her have such a positive reaction, it made me happy. A kind of happy that I can't exactly put in words but made me feel giddy.

"It's good. Better than mine to be honest." She comments as she takes another bite of pasta.

"Mhm, sure it is." I reply with squinted eyes.

"So, how did you find out? About your pregnancy."

I missed my period, that's how.

For a while I simply thought that my period was late and lived on as if there was not a single thing to worry about. Not that it was a problem to be honest, it was more of a blessing at the time.

But, by the middle of the second month, I started getting concerned. Of course, I told Cindy about it and she suggested I take a pregnancy test incase. I was quite confident that I wasn't pregnant considering me and Vee hasn't 'done it' for a while. I thought Cindy was overthinking and simply over reacting, but, I listened to her either way. I didn't want to tell Violetta either 'cause I knew she'd be worried sick.

The first pregnancy test I took turned out to be positive. I didn't believe it and went out to buy a whole box of pregnancy tests to confirm. Every few hours for the past four to five days I'd take a test to make sure, till I eventually ran out of them. Even then, I was too damn stubborn to finally accept it. I sat with a bunch of the little white stick-like things all tested positive and just stared at them. But again, I didn't want to believe it.

I decided to go to get an ultrasound and sure enough, that was when I knew that I was indeed pregnant. Of course, the amount of tests I took already proved it but being the oh-so-sweet-STUBBORN Anneline... I just didn't want to...

"Well, my period didn't show up and for two months and I decided to buy a pregnancy test." I replied.

"And how you sure that you're expecting twins?" Violetta asked with a questioning tone, her head tilting to the right with a raised eyebrow.

It's at moments like these where I start questioning if Violetta is being genuine or just a really good actress. I mean, right now, she looks absolutely innocent and pure as she asked me that question. Her eyes are filled with the curiousity of a child, yet her mind is in the damn gutters.

"The doctor said there might be a chance, it's to early to tell. I'm going back in a couple of weeks though." I reply as I seat myself on her lap.

She drapes her arms around my waist and nuzzles her nose in my neck.

"I can't wait to see you troddling around the house with a big belly, carrying my child, or children." She mumbles.

"So you want to see me suffer?" I ask.

"No, I believe I'll be the one to suffer. How do I keep my hands off you when  you look so delectable every second of the day?" She replies.

I simply stare at her with confusion.