𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔-𝙎𝙄𝙓

Comenzar desde el principio

"That is unusual most family suicides happen in the comfort of the home. So, what happened to the son?" Derek wonders as he looks at the photo of the used to be happy family.

"He either shot him first or spared him" Hotch states and Maya knits her eyebrows in confusion, "If he did spare him it's most likely he left him in a safe place like a relative or another plot of land" Maya states and Garcia shakes her head, "Next of kin hasn't seen him" Garcia declares and Maya scoffs defeatedly before Hotch gets a call that a second family matching the first one's demographics (mother, father, teen daughter, young son) has just disappeared.

______

On the plane, the team goes over the families and seeing what makes them similar and different beside their race and ethnicity and that's when Garcia drops more background. The families are of a similar class, and both sons, Scott Yamada and Braden Acklin, are shy and isolated, which could make them prime targets for molesters.

"We all need to dig more deeply for information about both of these families and lest not forget this is still a search and rescue mission for Scott Yamada" Hotch states, speaking to the whole team.

"And if the unsub sticks to his schedule, we've got fewer than 3 days to find the Acklins alive" Hotch concludes, knowing the team and police station is now on borrowed time.

_____

Maya securely places her surgical gloves on her hands before she enters Scott Yamada's room where Reid is already searching. "You know, I'm surprised you actually wanted to work with me" Reid states as he looks at the toys Scott has on display.

"This just seemed like job with less work" Maya sighs as she inspects the room, looking at every little detail.

"You have a lot on your mind" Reid states, not asking just telling. "Don't we all" Maya says, turning to Reid with a sarcastic smile on her face before speaking about the task at hand.

"Well, Scott looks like a typical 10-year-old boy to me" Maya states as she looks on the bookshelf. "Yeah, this place brings back memories. When I was a kid, I made a model of the universe out of salt" Reid informs and Maya widens her eyes, looking to Reid.

"For fun?" Maya wonders and Reid shrugs, "Yes and it was a birthday present for Carl Sagan, but I don't think he ever got it" Reid answers and Maya looks around speechless before shaking her head, getting out of her trance. "When I was a kid, my room was just filled with drawings that my brother made. He would make them for my parents, but my dad would either throw them away or use it as an ashtray, so I always retrieved them and put them up in my room instead" Maya says, resting her hands in her back pocket as she looks around the room.

"What does your brother do now?" Reid wonders. "If I knew... I would tell you" Maya says softly before she notices the window in Scott Yamada's room.

"Look, this has been opened recently" Maya notices as she moves the curtain out of the way so she can show Reid. the floor of the chipped paint that has fallen to the ground.

"It was hot the night the Yamada's were abducted" Reid states and Maya sighs, "First floor, opening window. Easy entry for unsub" Maya realizes as she turns her body towards the bunk bed in the bedroom.

"And the top bunk is made so he probably wasn't in bed yet" Maya declares as she inspects around the bunk bed for any clues while Reid comes up with clues of his own.