.。*♡.Crescendo Pt. 2。*♡

< a/n: sorry for literally making u lovely people wait for mf eternity ,, writers block + new college + performing and flying to New York (AHHHH) got the best of me kdljsj  please take this chap as payment >

6/8/22: i rewrote this chap and now im actually satisfied with it! @ former readers apologies for the awful writing lmfsoapdj

word count: 3,366

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

Five am. 

That final thought of y/n's that magical night before followed her into the morning. She dreamed with unease, her mind relentlessly on the cusp of awakening due to that little nag in her head. 

Y/n awoke within the silken sheets at this early hour, her mind unable to let her rest. Her body had continuously stirred throughout the night, causing poor Satoru to readjust his position in the bed constantly. She felt the current envelopment of his arms around her shoulders and chest, his strong core pressed against her back as he remained asleep with something like a smile upon his pouted lips. 

His long white lashes fluttered lightly as y/n brought a hand to his ivory hair, thumbing it as apologetically as she could. Almost like a 'sorry' for her constant fidgeting. All he did was sigh a great breath from pinkened lips before craning his perfect jaw closer to her.

Angelic...

It hit her just like the night before that this was her partner now. This man, the one she'd swore to never see again was now the one she wanted to exist for eternity with. The man who promised to fight, to celebrate and to weep all the same with her through times of joy and strife. Oh, how she was relentlessly in love.

However- as much as she wished- y/n could not lie in bed any longer. Her head kept urging her to do something, to... walk. Yes, that was it. She just needed a breather, a second to absorb this unfamiliarly tender life she now possessed. 

Ever so gently, y/n slid from his grasp, turning back around to kiss Satoru's forehead. He snuggled deeper into the covers at the feeling of her lips on his skin, that smug smile growing even bigger.

Y/n routinely pulled on a sweater and jacket over her night shirt, glancing to Satoru after every movement, praying she wouldn't wake him up. She released her breath minutes later when she was finally dressed and ready.

She was about to exit, but she paused.

Her head turned to watch Satoru's slumbering form. Further from him- across the room- was an adjacent wide mirror, of which she eventually noticed. Peering at herself, she realized that she had been smiling the entire time she looked to him.

Subconsciously, her hand went to cover the smile but halted shortly after. She should stop hiding it, shouldn't she?

 Another kiss was given to her boyfriend's temple before she quietly closed the hotel door behind her.

The artist didn't know the area well- hell, she couldn't exactly say she knew it at all, but that didn't stop her from picking a direction- swamped by the endless darkness of the night albeit- and going.

Walks like this helped the woman clear her mind of fleeting negativities and whatnot, however this one was quite different, considering (as she'd been walking out the door) she had made a resolution with herself that this would be the walk of walks. The walk to eliminate any toxicities in her mind about her past. Any doubt, any self deprecation would be tossed into the wind, carried away till she could see it no longer. 

This was a walk of a new chapter.

The route wasn't a traditional walk around Oasis, but it was close enough, from the thickened morning air to the occasional business owner coming outside to prep for future customers.