.。*♡ Silks .。*♡

word count: 1,738

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

Tonight was the night.

The warm evening light streamed from the ivy draped curtains like pools of sweet honey dripping from the horizon. A lazy saxophone droned from a speaker, filling the room with a slight buzz that was as delicious as it was nerve wracking.

In her apartment, y/n lotioned her robed figure as she prepped for the exhibition.

She chewed on her bottom lip as she tried to let the prominent scent of cocoa butter and incense fill her nose to soothe her bundle of jitters.

Was she nervous? Perhaps. After all, she had quite a bit on the line if the main sculpture of her section in the gallery flopped.

So yes, behind her beautifully stoic face, she was practically freaking out.

She blotted her foundation across her face, blending the light formula into s/t skin.

She'd already gotten past the difficult part of re-entering the sculpture, of course, she had to brace herself for a barrage of emails from the directors, frantically questioning why they hadn't received the sculpture they'd desired.

With a calm manner, y/n had to explain that Promise was no more, to which she then was messaged with a hesitant obligation of letting her stay- if it had been any earlier when they'd found out, she would have been kicked off the list, they consistently reminded her every day since then.

No matter. She was still in this. She could still make this go in her favor.

Y/n surveyed her completed makeup in the mirror, a natural, dewy look with light blush and nude lipgloss to accentuate her organic beauty. Her eyes then flicked to her own as she stood.

Satoru always reminded her to stay positive in this. After all, he said, you've gotten this far, why falter now?

The thought of Shades subsided her heart for a second as she smiled to herself. Yes. Things would go well.

With stilled feet, y/n turned to the dress she had selected three days ago on her trip with Satoru.

He had yet to see her in it. The girlish part of her was somewhat excited to show only him what she'd chosen even though she had presented herself as hiding it from everyone, including the students.

From years of lacking any sense of praise or affection, it made her feel pleasurable when he so much as complimented her, to which she would always shake off before hiding a smile.

That brought another thing to her mind. A day prior to this as they'd planned when they would arrive at the gallery, Jiro- being nosy as usual- had questioned y/n and Satoru's exact relationship, trying to force out of her if they were both open to just showing affection from their tethered souls, or if this was a sign of something... more.

She would have gladly given him an answer, yet she did not quite know.

Were they dating?

Neither had spoken of the fanciful word. Yes, they'd been on implied dates, to which y/n had formally argued with Satoru to correct the term to "hanging out." But they, at least, she had not introduced the familiar word between the two of them.

Granted, she wanted to. After feeling so free by his side, by god, she wanted to more than anything.

Dipping her head as if noting the idea, she supposed she would have to ask him about that.