••• Tarnished •••

< a/n: did someone say pain???? >

TW // implied intercourse

4 months ago

"Bye girl, have a good night," Hope, had said at the doorway of her large apartment as she hugged her dear friend.

"I'll try," y/n sighed, giving her a dreading smile. "I've got work at seven in the morning and LeRoy wants me to work a little later past nine. You know how he is."

Hope nodded, though she didn't turn to leave. The girl's hazel eyes flicked from the hall where the trickle of laughter from the other four woman sounded throughout the walls.

"Make sure you not workin' too much, aight?" She said in a low voice, dipping her head at y/n. "LeRoy can do some work of his own, don't you forget that."

Y/n gave her a look of confusion, not getting where her friend was going with her comment. "LeRoy does what he can," she replied, brows knitting together.

Hope reached a hand to her curly brown buzz cut, rubbing her hands through the coils. She seemed to want to say more, but opened the door instead.

"M'kay, I'll see you later. Love you."

As y/n tramped down the stairs, she could have sworn she heard Hope say something as the door closed, though it was too late in the night and she was barely audible to quite tell.

"Poor girl..."

It had been a pleasant night, though it now appeared there was no moon present in the sky to provide even an ounce of light. Not even a speckle of comfort. The air was stark and dry and there was no one in the streets below. This was fair, considering it was midnight as y/n walked to her complex after a lovely day well spent among her friends, when she had that kind of thing.

They had spent the day at an art studio- laughing and toying around with each other as they drank wine and roasted each other's pieces- before returning to Hope's apartment as a wind down. After a few slices of pizza and a movie, y/n was completely drowsy, her eyes drooping as she snuggled into the couch. Some time later, couldn't give an exact hour, her friends tapped her awake, motioning at the clock. Her stomach had done a flip when she realized how long she had been out of the house, but the drunken feeling of peace had ridded her of any trace of worry. How foolish.

She started up the stairs, undoing her keys, when the door opened quickly. There stood LeRoy, eyes darkened, not quite sober. Chocolate brown eyes flashed with something she couldn't name. Please, no. When he made no motion to touch her, she willed her legs to move forward into the room. It reeked of weed.

Y/n put her bag on the couch before briskly walking to her room, making no effort to speak until spoken to. Quickly, she closed the door, but didn't dare lock it.

She rubbed her eyes and crackles of mascara and makeup stuck to her fingers. With a small stumble, she removed her shoes and bent down to place them beside her bed.

At that moment, the door clicked open and she stiffened, fear coursing through her bones. Still bent down, she heard the lumbering of footsteps until they were right behind her.

"Where'd you go tonight?" Leroy's voice rumbled, thick and heavy from alcohol.

Y/n glanced down. "I went out with friends."

She heard him shift his weight till his presence was nearly on top of her.

"You ain't tell me you were doin' that."

"My bad."

They sat in silence for a beat. Two. Three.

"You sure that's what you was doing?"

"Yes, LeRoy."

He made a motion she could not see, then a rough hand touched her side. She pressed her eyes shut as he gave her hip an uncomfortable squeeze. She felt his legs swivel till his opposing hand was on the opposite side. He bucked his hips- to which y/n gasped at, before chuckling like this was a joke.

Y/n attempted to stand up, but he guided her back down. She complied, but not without mustering out a resignation.

"I- I don't want to. It's late and-"

LeRoy laughed again, like he had been betrayed.

"Why? Is it cause you was out cheating? Already got some nigga's shit wet?"

"No!" Y/n pushed him off and stood up. "LeRoy, I swear to God I was out with friends."

The man's face twisted into something horrid before relaxing. She was lucky he had the patience to let her shove him like that. Like a different person than a few moments ago, he gently grabbed her hands and pulled her onto the bed. A clever hand snaked down to the waistband of her shorts.

"Then prove it."

"What?"

"I said-" He reached to the inside of her leg as he wet his lips with something like carnal instinct, like he yearned for pleasure.

"Prove it, baby."

When was the last time he'd craved sensuality with her? There were nights when he would carry on in this manner for hours at a time, always growing aggressive the more y/n turned him down. He was always too rough, wanting more out of her than she could give. In a primal rage, he would storm out till the sun began to rise, returning with the stench of sweat, perfume and carefully placed bruises running down his collarbones. He would be oddly sedated then, back to laying on the couch, drinking a beer.
Lately, it seemed those nights out grew shorter and shorter until they became non existent. The last time she had seen him leave with that glint in his eye, he had came home with a bruised chin.

Y/n watched as he trailed his fingertips up to her stomach, sending shivers down her spine. A gasp escaped her lips, pleasing the man. She couldn't tell whether she liked it or not. Her leg shied away, crossing from LeRoy.

"So you was being a slut then," he said with that same betrayed tone.

He spoke slowly and calculated, only releasing a breath when he saw the gears in her mind click.

Y/n's eyes became unreadable as her hesitation trickled away, now set on proving her loyalty to this man who claimed he loved her. Who claimed that no one else would. Slowly, she pushed herself to him, eyes empty, legs uncrossed.

LeRoy grinned. "That's my angel."

Checkmate, y/n.

---

< a/n: FUCK LEROY

im sorry that this chapter was short and heavy but i wanted to show how badly Leroy treats y/n, especially in the more recent months

if you couldn't tell by my implications Leroy has been out seeing another women when y/n rejected his advances which the woman ended for whatever reason >