••• Hope Pt. 1•••

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

<a/n: yes this is too parts so don't expect this to be long af 😭 I've got the next chapter pretty much ready tho so u wont have to wait long>

Y/n slowly made her way up Hope's apartment steps with the hastily written letter still in hand. She had no clue what this could possibly be about, nor did she really care to think about it.

Everything mildly troublesome seemed so frail and unimportant, it's only purpose to plague her thoughts for several restless nights before crumbing into dust; disturbing fragments that would slip through the fingers of time, becoming nothing but remnants of the past, damned to insignificance for millennia.

Nothing could help her out of the rut she felt she was in.

Y/n brought a hand to the door, but it had already swung open, revealing Hope. She didn't say a word as she pulled her friend inside. The grand interior was as nice as ever, thanks to her family's ownership of pretty much the entire few blocks of upscale apartments.

On the night y/n had met her (it had been some insufferable party they both had left in order to get air from), Hope told her that she didn't rely on her parents money, as she had a hustle of doing lashes and selling clothing targeted for alternative people of color. She also believed in a neo-socialist society where capitalists don't own the "very concepts of warmth and family of human spirits..." though she gladly took the living accomodations that came with being the daughter of self made multimillionaires.

The moment y/n touched the floorboards, a whirlwind of words hit her in the face as Hope began to speak. Her lips moved at a thousand miles an hour, not bothering to take a breath in between sentences. For a moment it seemed like her twin lip piercings were about to fly off.

"I heard from a friend of a friend that LeRoy was freeloading at one of my friend's friend's exes places for a few weeks. They're doing some guy trip thing or whatever the fuck she called it."

Y/n could already feel her head spin.

"My parents have an available apartment a few blocks down from mine that you could stay in for however long you need. Fallon- you remember my partner, right? I told them that we're helping you with boxes. The place is open now, all you gotta do is grab your stuff and move in! Of course, you can't tell anyone, y'know how word be spreading around here-"

Y/n shook her head as she tried to comprehend what Hope was saying.

"I don't... what are you...?"

Hope grabbed her hands, silencing the girl. "I'm helping you get out."

Y/n's eyes widened.

"I've heard the rumors. Half these bitches in LA run they mouths acting like they saw the damn thing. I've heard a lot, and to be honest I don't know what the truth is... but I know that what ever happened between you and LeRoy to make you do that was entirely his fault. I could tell from the beginning. The minute he put your art career on hold, I knew he was a piece of shit. As much as you've tried to tell me that he does his best and the whole he's just misunderstood bullshit, he's a controlling psycho bitch. You will never ever be able to tell me otherwise. He's got you fucked in the head."

"I know you want to distance yourself from everything. I know that we haven't spoken in a while... but I can't stand to see someone as amazing as you fall apart to some shitty guy. You got too much ahead of you for that, girl. There's a bright future in store for you, I have a strong feeling in my gut... plus I did your tarot reading this morning so it's gotta be true, right?" she gave her a small smile, yet y/n could tell it was full of pain.

"So take what I'm giving you, please, and get the fuck out."

Y/n felt her mind spark against this help. She didn't need it. After all, she was the one who had hurt LeRoy... right? His very own sister was standing in the doorway, laying witness to the assault.

A new thought came. What about all of those other times? Those times when she'd just been at the wrong place at the wrong time; she times when she'd been looked at the wrong way by a stranger; those rare times she had tried to stand up for herself?

She imagined a world where she could say what she wanted, be who she wanted. The idea of this was scary and fascinating and wonderful all at once. There would be no gravity. She could fly. Would this be freedom?

Y/n found herself nodding. Once unsure, but grew fervent over time. She met Hope's eyes, trying to mask the fear in her wide eye gaze.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

••
<a/n: LESS GO >