•••Flight•••

It had been a mere three weeks since LeRoy and his friends had wrecked her apartment, but tonight was the night.

Y/n stepped out of the taxi, sucking in the summer's night air.

She had cut off all ties with work, with everything. It all felt surreal, everyone's words sounding garbled and distorted as if she were underwater for the entire process.

As for papers and legalities, it had all been fixed up by Hope's father, who apparently was good at those kinds of things.

Her old apartment had been barely stripped of what she needed, and according to Hope, was being shipped to a port before being transferred to Japan. It was only her bed, clothes and a lot of art supplies, which may have seemed like not enough, but it would be compensated soon enough after the rest was sold.

As y/n approached Hope's home with her three large suitcases filled with whatever would fit, she expected to feel something. A rush, a sense of joy...

anything.

Yet there was no trace of that. Her senses were as still as ever.

She didn't have time to dwell in this as Hope and Fallon answered the door, grabbing the cases from her and placing them in their red Volkswagen.

Their movements were quick and fluid, not even hesitating to say hello.

After Fallon closed the trunk, they all piled into the car.

Hope, in the passenger seat, turned around to look y/n in the eye. "So," she started, a smile spreading onto her face. "How're you feeling?"

Y/n rubbed at her legs and she forced a grin. "I feel... ready."

That's how she wished she felt.

••

The ride to the international airport was rather quick, yet the moment they turned into a raised parking lot, it was clear how busy it was- shuttles bustling, people running, cars speeding.

Y/n stepped out of the car, her head raising to look at the piercing full moon in the sky.

This would be the last time she'd see it from this view.

"Y/n," Fallon said, tiling their head to the elevator leading to the main port for check in and customs.

Her flight was in an hour, so they had to move rather quickly.

A second later, y/n looked away, following her friends into the crowd.

After checking in- which was a procwss in itself, she sat alongside Fallon and Hope, her hands in either of theirs as they sat in the boarding area together. It was a two part flight, how long it would take to get there, y/n didn't want to know.

Why did she feel so... disconnected? Where was that desire she'd felt when she had been offered to ditch this godforsaken place? She had no love for it here, her true passion was located in Tokyo and she knew this well.