.。*♡ Together .。*♡

word count: 575

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

𝗜𝘁 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹, 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗚𝗼𝗷𝗼 𝗦𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘂 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻, his trembling lips saying words so uncertain yet oh so wholeheartedly. She saw how he forced himself to keep his eyes on her, how his begging for forgiveness from his proclaimed sin made y/n want to run and hug him so harshly he wouldn't be able to breathe.

Hadn't she wished for him to never speak to her again? His desperation for redemption almost made her forget why she'd struck him on that previous Friday evening.

There came an ill feeling in her stomach. Was that... guilt? Yes. Yes it was. Gojo's apology was a far cry from Leroy's, yet she felt her mind switch into routine, into the ventriloquist's dummy. No matter how much she wanted to deny it, LeRoy still had a tight hold on her way of thought, her way of life. She feared it would never let go. Y/n- she subconsciously told herself- would never be free.

She knew deep inside she had nothing to feel guilty for, as her brash actions were quite reasonable considering the circumstances. Yet the guilt was there, festering in the corners of her mind, growing louder and louder until she could bear it no longer.

"I'm sorry," she blurted, not sure what for. She hadn't changed. No matter how far away she was from him, he had her trained.

Gojo's face slackened into something like confusion.

"For what?"

She didn't know.

"Don't apologize to me. Please don't."

An apology should end with a halfhearted hug and some loosely exchanged "I love you's." When y/n was with LeRoy, that's the way things were. What was this?

"You have no reason to be sorry, why would you apologize?"

Y/n stood in place, unable to speak. Gojo shifted his footing, tilting his head slightly. His eyes held a desire to know. To listen to her.

"Tell me."

She knew the reason why. To retreat. To hide. To submit. Because of what she'd done while she was with LeRoy in retaliation to what he'd done to her.

"It's complicated, Sat-" she corrected herself. "Gojo."

The white haired man stared at her intently, his mouth curving into an entranced smile.

"And I would like to hear every part of it, if that would be okay. Would it?"

How badly he wanted to know her.

Y/n watched as his slender hand lifted, palm open. Inviting.

Gojo Satoru calmed her. She couldn't deny that. Maybe, just maybe, she would let him inside.

"I-I've tried to make a rule," she suddenly blurted. "No more second chances..."

"And I agree," Gojo murmured softly keeping his eyes on her.

"Everyone needs a do over but after that... I'm done."

She felt her heart spike and suddenly her previous words felt brash on her tongue. "Sorry, I meant for anybody, not just you."

"You said it again," Gojo pointed out.

"Sor-"

"And again."

She felt herself smile. A genuinely true, embarrassed smile. Gojo tried not to melt.

"I guess you and I will have to work on that together."

The words reverberated in the sorcerer's head. You and I...

Slowly, y/n placed her hand in his. It was as soft as it had been when she'd handed him the card to Oasis.

Together...

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

< a/n: short chapter teehee
thank GAWD the fire of love has been reignited👴🏽‼️

just saw we hit 100 reads on the first chapter ty!! >