•••Lost•••

word count: 1,146

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

Y/n laid face up on her bed, staring blankly at the vast ceiling of her room. The cool morning air sent a wave of goosebumps down her nude figure, yet she made no motion to slide deeper into the covers. The other side of the mattress succumbed under the pressure of another who also resided in the bed.

LeRoy did not speak as he reached for his shirt and exited the room, nor did he bother to kiss her good morning or- god forbid she even fantasize about this- offer her an invitation to breakfast.

She sat up and looked to where he'd been. This was the first time he had not spoken to her after sleeping together. Immediately y/n's mind shifted, frantically thinking about what could have been an error in action on her behalf.

If only she didn't anger him, asking stupid questions or going out with friends as much as she did, maybe he would talk to her.

God- she told herself- she was such an annoying bitch.

She sat up with the idea of apologizing for whatever she had done, but the front door closed a moment later, leaving y/n alone. The analog clock propped against her desk lazily ticked as time proceeded.

The haze of the pervious night cleared as y/n sat up to fix her messy hair. He'd called her a slut. Again. Though she swore on her life she would never let another man enter her, he doubted her loyalty. Why did she always have to prove to him that she wasn't by always having...

Y/n shook her head. It was fine. This was fine. She enjoyed it, after all, didn't she? Besides, why was she complaining? Plenty of couples don't even bother messing around with each other anymore. LeRoy was always here, eating food from her fridge, sitting on her couch.

Always taking. Always asking more of her.

But she loved it. She loved LeRoy. Right?

...right?

Y/n felt her eyes brim with tears, her gaze traveling to her body. Suddenly, she felt dirty and very, very small. She clutched her legs and balled them as tiny as she could.

They were covered in a layer of goosebumps, but she was almost certain it wasn't from the cold.

--

Two weeks later...

When had y/n began to lose herself?

Perhaps it was the first time of many that LeRoy questioned her companionship, or when he had come home with that bitter perfume that wasn't her's.

Maybe it was when he had struck her for the first time.

She was at a party at the house of someone she didn't know. LeRoy had dragged her along, showing off his little gem of a girl, letting his "boys" say things that made her want to scream. The music was too loud, the people stank, and there was a thick air of sex and haze that kept her from thinking too clearly. A woman rushed by where she sat, hurling a putrid load of vomit into a residing houseplant. A wave of nausea coursed through her bones as she watched her gag the last few chunks off her tongue. Two minutes later, with her dress practically riding up her ass, the woman stumbled away, back into the sweat stained crowd.

Y/n lifted the blunt to her lips. She let the smoke fill her lungs, intoxicating her with its bitterness that she desperately tried to resist. For the entire night, she had sat on the couch, arms folded, legs crossed, ensuring she looked unapproachable to the male gaze.

There was no more hope or love in her (e/c) eyes. No eagerness to please. She was a shell of what she had been, when she had loved LeRoy. She still worked that lame ass job, she still slept with her supposed boyfriend. But things were different. Inexplicably, terribly, wonderfully different.

The wrap had begun to set in, easing her thoughts and pains and worries. Her bones became water and her mind had somewhat cleared. She was at peace. No. She was euphoric. Why hadn't she started using this stuff earlier?

Y/n felt a stupid smile spread on her lips as she leaned her head back on the brown couch. She could enjoy herself. Yes, she would enjoy herself.

At this moment of vulnerability, she immediately heard a rich voice.

"You expecting anyone?"

She looked up to see a man with gorgeous dreads and thick brows peering down at her with almond shaped hazel eyes. In his hands were two jello shots, one blue and the other red.

Y/n went to turn down his approach, yet something made her hesitate. Perhaps it were the drugs in her system, perhaps it was that internal, burrowed fire of rebellion LeRoy had snuffed oh so long ago.

It was at that moment the cheap SoundCloud rap blaring over the speakers seemed to have been turned up till the beat thumped one's chest and rattled your very bones. The large congregation of people in the kitchen parted, shouting and cheering at something in the center. Y/n craned her neck at the sudden raucous out of curiosity, though after what she saw, she wished she had not.

"Y'all wildin!" Someone in the crowd cackled.

The woman she'd seen just a moment ago throwing up in a houseplant as standing in the middle, her eyes lit up from everyone's phone's flashlight dilated from whatever alcohol she had left in her system. Her knees were bent as she shook her ass on a man who's face had been covered by a couple of people who were pushing their way through the crowd to get closer to the spectacle.

The moment they fought their way through and gave y/n full sight, her stomach dropped.

It was her boyfriend.

That wave of nausea resurfaced as she watched LeRoy grip and grind his hips on the woman, his tongue out and his head thrown back. He stuck up his middle finger at one of his friend's phones like he was some free, single bastard. Like his girlfriend wasn't sitting on the couch ten feet away from him.

A feeling coursed through her head that she head that she could not describe. Was it anger? Pain? Hurt? She should have gotten up and cussed him out in front of all these people, but she did not. No, what she felt was none of those things. She felt revenge. Y/n's eyes flew back to the man, still waiting for an answer to his question.
Her fingers suddenly felt tingly and loose.

"You expecting anybody?" He reiterated, his voice exciting something she'd forgotten she could feel.

She didn't hesitate any longer. Giving him that prized smile, chock full of sin, she said;

"Nope, no one at all."

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

<a/n: ooooooooooop 🏃🏽‍♀️>