.。*♡Jovial.。*♡

word count: 1,400

<a/n: hi lovely ppl sorry for the long wait, i had theater auditions for college all freaking week wish me luck sdljsk ^-^ >

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

3 days before the exhibition...

Jiro shouldered his green backpack as he jogged up the backstairs to Oasis. He yawned, inhaling the fresh morning air as he pushed open the door, prepping for his shift.

"Y/n, I'm getting a coffee from Kana-san before I start," Jiro called from the doorway, pulling his earbuds from his ears.

The boy hadn't been to work since the breaking of Promise, calling out for a few days due to god knows what. Nor had he been informed of anything else past that.

"Y/n?" he called again, since she did not answer. "Y/n?"

Jiro groaned heavily, dragging his legs through the studio to find the woman.

"And to think I was going to buy you a drink," he complained while running a hand through his bleached hair.

As he rounded the corner, the boy stopped in his tracks, awestruck at the now completed sculpture in front of him.

"Oh wow," Jiro murmured, eyes wide.

He stuffed his hands in his zip up jacket as he observed the gorgeously crafted birds, their features sleek and sharp, giving an ethereal, otherworldly aura about them.

Carefully crafted oblong shapes in vague face- like forms surrounded the birds, giving the illusion of lush grass and bountiful water being disturbed from their static position by the creatures' movement.

It was dynamic, it was powerful, and by god it was stunning.

"Holy shit!" An excited grin had begun to spread onto the boy's face as he jumped in place. He had to find y/n, there was no question about it.

"Y/n? Y/n!" he ran through the studio, skipping every step or so.

The front door swung open, revealing his boss. She was obviously shocked to see Jiro in the studio, considering she hadn't known when he was be returning. The young man didn't waste a second embracing her.

"You!" he funnily addressed her.

"You!" she exclaimed back, smiling happily at Jiro's return.

He laughed as they circled around the floor.

"It looks so good," Jiro said after parting from their hug. He snidely grinned. "What happened to you not finishing it?"

Y/n smiled softly. "Things changed."

Jiro raised a brow at this but turned back to the swans. "So where's Promise? Are we gonna get ready to ship it for the show?"

Y/n looked to him. At the silence, Jiro swiveled his head and stared back.

"Y/n... where's Promise?"

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

"He broke it?!" Jiro screeched, running a hand through his hair in disbelief. "This man fucking broke it!"

The nineteen year old hunched his shoulders into a boxing position while jabbing the air. Y/n grabbed his flannel shirt, halting the boy in his fuming tracks.

"It's alright, Jiro."

"But it's not."

"It isn't but-" y/n motioned to the swans. "It was time for something new anyways. Right?"