•••Gravity•••

⚠️ language warning!

tw // abuse, manipulation

--

< 1 year ago >

"Come on now, y/n!"

Y/n burst through her apartment door before attempting to slam the splintered wood in LeRoy's face. He caught the frame in his hands, cursing as his pinky finger was smashed against the door.

"You bitc-!" he caught himself. "Y/n, baby, calm down!"

LeRoy followed her inside as she ran to her room, slamming that door as well. It was all in vain, as there were no locks on her bedroom door. LeRoy barged in, watching as y/n sat on her bed, eyes bloodshot and angry, face red. She looked up. His neck was covered in those bruises, marked by another woman like he was hers.

"You did it again! You promised, LeRoy!"

He smacked his lips, like this was merely an inconvenience to him.

"It was a mistake."

Y/n shook her head, standing up, now clapping her hands against the other. She was unrecognizable, seething with pain and anger.

"You're a fucking liar! You piece of shit! You tell me to act all kinds of ways but you be acting how ever the fuck you want, stickin' your dick in all these girls! I'm sick of it!"

Y/n got up in his face, no longer the timid woman LeRoy had sculpted her to be. She felt empowered...

Free.

"You can have your opinions, but what you not gon' do is get up in my face," LeRoy said, stone faced.

"My opinions? Nigga it's a fact!" Y/n screamed, stepping closer to him. A challenge. "This is over! You're a dirty son of a-"

The funny thing about feeling like you can touch the sky, to be freed from chains, is that everything is great until you attempt to. Then gravity comes. It pulls you down and it doesn't quit. No matter how many times you jump, no matter how badly you want to soar, it'll hold you captive to the ground. It won't let up. It never will.

The world spun in and out of view, too fast for y/n's eyes. He had pinned her down, leaving her helpless.

Grounded.

"I came back! Do you know how many niggas wouldn't come back?!" He screamed in her face. There was a faint stench of cigarettes and beer. Spittle dripped onto her nose as he shouted. His nails dug into her skin, there would surely be marks left behind. Another sign of his ownership.

"People won't put up with your whiney ass, but I do! When I meet somebody, it don't matter because I always return! Always! You wanna know why?"

She stayed silent, eyes empty.

He let go of y/n, yet she didn't move. LeRoy pulled her up into a sitting position, like a ventriloquist and his dummy. He squatted down, cupping her face. Her gaze met his.

"Because I care for you," he sighed. "I love you, baby."

He pressed his forehead against hers.

"I'm sorry for grabbing you like that. You seemed violent. Where did my angel go? You stressed me out."

Is that what she was, violent?

She felt her lips move. Not to scream, nor to reject his apology.

"It's fine. I'm sorry," she whispered hoarsely.

"Is this over?" He questioned, though he knew the answer all too well.

"...no."

No one else could put up with her. No one could cater to her wants. It was better here, LeRoy cared for her after all. He loved her.

Any trace of freedom was gone. Rather, this was her freedom. Perhaps she would be chained if she wasn't dating LeRoy. Y/n found herself apologizing repeatedly, throwing her arms around her man, now ashamed from her outburst. He didn't reciprocate the hug.

LeRoy excused himself from the room, making sure to giving y/n a kiss on her cheek before leaving. A moment later, the television roared to life. A basketball game.

She looked down at her arms.

Crescent shaped marks littered her skin, the blood already crusting over.

--

:(

<a/n: im thinking ab making a playlist for this book,, if there are songs any of the chapters remind u of let me know>