.。*♡Chance.。*♡

word count: 1,506

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

About an hour or so had passed since the group played the dancing game, and the initial excitement had begun to wane as the students grew tired. Nobara was the first to go, with Itadori and Megumi following shortly behind her. The two boys had fallen asleep shoulders together on the couch, with Kugisaki in the singular chair covered in a thick blanket.

Y/n glanced at the digital clock on the TV stand, realizing it was almost 11:30.

She and Gojo sat in the kitchen, nursing on wine y/n had offered to pour since she had more than enough to spare.

"They're exhausted," she whispered with a slight smile.

"They just finished a mission and then danced their hearts out. That'll do it to you," Satoru chuckled. "I texted Ijichi-san so they can get back to the school."

The pair looked down at their glasses, then to the window overlooking an empty street.

"You care a lot about them," y/n noted.

"I do."

She lifted the glass to her lips with a smile, the hollow shape muffling her words. "It's sweet."

"Glad you think so," Gojo replied with a slight lilt in his voice. "I do plan on sticking around with them for quite sometime."

The sentimental comment had the potential to be nothing more, yet the way he looked over to them- especially to sweet Itadori- showed that there was more than he let on. Y/n frowned lightly, her care and concern for the teens shining through.

"Was teaching something you knew you wanted to do when you were young?"

Satoru leaned onto the counter and lowered his head, taking a sip of his wine. The supple bitterness coursed down his throat as he swallowed.

"Oh no, I had no clue about anything," he sighed. "I was... special. And very, very much a showoff."

"So how you act now?"

"Hey," he said, nudging her with a boyish grin. "I'd always been uncertain of the future is all."

"Haven't we all been at one point in our lives?" y/n agreed. She took a swig to that. "I'm doing what I love and I still feel so confused and unsure about pretty much everything."

Satoru looked at her. "Everything?"

She seemed to not quite process his implication towards how he felt about her, answering quickly with a-

"Yes."

Satoru glanced downwards.

"I don't know what Blossom holds for me, I don't know where I'm going to be in five years... hell, not even in one."

The night swathed her face as she looked away from the orange lighting.

"One day at a time is the right way to live, I suppose. Maybe someday I'll wake up and won't be anxious about my studio, my art... relationships..."

Y/n twirled her glass, watching the red liquid swirl around before nearly careening off the rim.

"Relationships are tricky, aren't they?" Satoru murmured, watching her doe like eyes focus on the wine.

"Very much so," she said quickly, though her thoughts were clearly still on that ex. Fear was a pesky little thing. It seemed that even breaking barriers together still required singular revelations. Even as he begged y/n to believe the things he saw in her.