.。*♡Delve.。*♡

word count: 2,232

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

Satoru watched the darkened scenery pass by him in flashes of undistinguishable blobs through the black car's window. The soft sounds of snoring surrounded him, with Itadori's head lulling onto his shoulder and Nobara completely passed out in the seat on his other side.

Megumi had claimed the front seat and fallen back asleep before he had the chance to make a fuss over it, though he did not mind.

There was too much on his conscience anyways.

Had he truly just tried to kiss y/n? Just like that?

The bravery in his actions fluffed the feathers of Satoru's brimming confidence and yet irked him all at once. A billion questions swarmed his mind as he prayed to the gods that he did not do her wrong. She seemed to be willing to kiss him. Seemed. Lest that was just another guise of her's to keep him happy. Or maybe... maybe... Damn it y/n, you're so hard to read!

Satoru buried his head in his hands, flinching lightly when Itadori's limp body slid from the lack of support. The sensei quickly assisted the boy so he was much more comfortable.

"We're here, Gojo-san."

He heard Ijichi say from the front seat.

"I'm going to tell her. Soon." Satoru said aloud.

Ijichi immediately knew of what he spoke about, making him reach for his temple.

"Gojo, I meant this the first time I met y/n as I do now," he carefully began. "Don't you worry about her? About the potential danger you're putting both of yourselves in?"

"How so?"

"You're not always going to be able to protect her, sir."

Ijichi-sensei's voice fell away for a moment at the realization of the harshness of his words. Trying again, he said, "And how is it justifiable for you to always be on missions for days, weeks at a time. Is that fair to her?"

External doubt. Just like Utahime, Mei Mei and Shoko. Satoru knew they meant no harm, but it still stung all the same.

"I would dedicate my everything towards her. She is my everything."

He just had to tell her that.

Without another thought, the sorcerer quickly dragged the now awakened students to their dorms and rushed back to his room without another word.

The thoughts from the night before followed him into the next all day. They chased his mind as he taught his students, when he graded papers, when he bothered Nanami... it seemed there was no escape from the topic at hand.

Gojo flopped onto his bed as the day waned into the evening. He had texted y/n a quick greeting in hopes of smoothing out yesterday's occurrence.

She had replied with a cute smiley face that made the sorcerer bury his head into the sheets before catching himself at the childish action. He couldn't keep living like this.

There was no use sitting here and questioning the air around him. No result would ever come from that. The solution struck his heart, making him cringe at how obvious and treacherous it was.

Ask her.

Tell her how you feel.

Satoru sighed. The mere idea of this made him feel uneasy. She'd already heard most of it, granted it had always been in an inappropriate setting, and he had not truly confessed.