.。*♡ Midnight .。*♡

word count: 1,911

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

Gojo glanced at the grand clock on the wall to see that it was about midnight. People were still dancing and drinking though most of the initial partiers were on the floor, passed out.
The music had begun to transition from hyper beats to songs much slower in rhythm, matching the vibe of the night.

He glanced at y/n and smiled softly. Her hand was comfortably propped beneath her chin on the the armrest of the couch, her eyelids slowly fluttering shut.

Gently, Gojo tapped her shoulder. "Time to go?"

She yawned while rubbing at her eyes. "Yeah."

He was already a step ahead of her with his phone out and prepped to order a taxi.

As he was entering in y/n's address, she let out a sigh.

"Oh my god, I forgot my house key at your place," she said, clasping a hand on her head. "I'm sorry..."

Gojo shook his head. "It's fine."

"I could always just grab it and pay the extra fees to my apartment," y/n offered.

"But the transit is long as hell from the school. I don't want you riding around by yourself."

Y/n gave him a look.

"Thanks for your concern but I can ride a taxi by myself, Shades."

In turn, Satoru shook his head stubbornly. "It's too late for someone like you to be out there."

"Like me?"

"I meant," he felt his face flush at his protectiveness. "I meant... you're-"

"Satoru, you're blushing again."

The embarrassed sorcerer batted the idea away with his hands.

"I just don't want you out there. We can just..."

He cut himself off at the half minded offer.

"We can what?" Y/n tilted her head. Her brows were raised and there was a tiny smile on her face.

The look she gave him almost ceased his ability to speak entirely, especially about his invitation.

"We... can stay at my place for the night," he managed to say. "It's shouldn't be a problem since it's practically only a few hours."

Y/n folded her arms in consideration.

"Sure," she said after a beat.

"Really?"

"Did you want me to say no?"

"No! Yes! I mean, it wouldn't have mattered- not that I'd be happy if..."

Y/n laughed, cutting him off from his frantic rambling. "Let's get out of here, Satoru."

.。*♡.。*♡

They took their usual route from the school gates to Satoru's quarters, entering through the back door as quietly as possible.

"Just a sec," Gojo nervously chuckled. He didn't waste a second to rush away and shove whatever mess there was in rooms hidden from y/n's view. She'd always seemed like a cleanly girl and he did not want her to freak out at the clothes strewn along the floor or the occasional half full water bottle on a counter.

As he jetted into his room to make the bed, he heard a giggle behind him.

"Are you cleaning for me?" y/n asked, leaning against the frame.