.。*♡ Serendipity .。*♡

word count: 2,127

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

𝐆𝐨𝐣𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐱𝐢 𝐲/𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐉𝐮𝐣𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐮 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡.

 An unexpected cold front had hit the area, shocking all of his senses. He pulled his blue coat around himself a bit tighter as they walked through a busy vendor street, his shoulder constantly bumping into y/n's to ensure she didn't slip into the rather slow moving crowd. It also helped him warm up just a tiny bit. Another breeze rustled his ivory hair and it made him shiver. He closed his eyes and pressed closer to y/n. Satoru was never one for the cold.

There was a moment when he felt a little tap in reciprocation to him practically leaning on her. Gojo looked down to see y/n looking at him with those gorgeous e/c eyes and felt his mouth go dry.

"Are you cold, Satoru?" she asked, smiling. She took in his rosy cheeks, pink nose and ears as he fervently rubbed at his hands for heat.

Gojo quickly nodded.

"We can get something to warm us both up, how about that?"

They rounded a corner to reveal a multitude of food options stretching all the way onto the next bannered road. Many were themed in accordance to the autumn weather. Bars of squash, nuts and berries were sold by the pound, cups of various teas and warm beverages were up for grabs. Plenty of booths sold fried skewered chicken and ramen cups perfect for snacking on. A middle aged man lifted the lid to a pot and voluminous steam rose into the air, showering the pair with temporary warmth. The mist made y/n tap Gojo's shoulder as she pointed to the contents of the stand.

"Steamed buns," he read in a gravelly tone, his throat still tight and his heart still thumping.

Snap out of it, Satoru!

"I'll take four red bean paste buns," y/n said, already ordering in front of him. She turned to Gojo. He noticed how her cheeks were a bit rosy due to the weather as well, making her glow even more.

"Red bean paste is fine with you, right?"

"Uh y-yeah," he stumbled, making y/n stifle a laugh before catching herself. Attempting to mask her endearment, she sighed with fake impatience.

"Alright Shades," she said, turning back to the vendor.

Embarrassed, it took every bone in Gojo's body to resist the urge to kick himself in that moment.

They received their food in a paper tray, still steamy and hot. Y/n went to grab her money but the sorcerer quickly stopped her.

"It's only four buns," she pointed out, still trying to suppress a laugh at their familiar game.

"No worries, I've got it," Gojo replied with an automatic smirk as he easily slipped the card from her fingers.

The vendor waved his hands and looked at y/n, his demeanor suddenly straightening up. "It's on the house," he started, leaning forward on the counter. "For the pretty lady."

"Oh," y/n said politely. "Thank you."

"Yeah... thanks," Satoru chimed, almost in a pouty yet defensive nature.

They turned away from the stand, with the white haired man still glaring at the vendor who was no longer paying attention to them.

"I know you are not pouting because you didn't get to pay for my food," she laughed.