.。*♡ Witness Pt. 1 .。*♡

4 months ago

Y/n unlocked her car door as a young girl with twin braids happily ran to the vehicle, her purple backpack bouncing up and down behind her. She settled quickly into the car, wide brown eyes teeming with excitement and admiration. There was no one else outside of the school grounds, except for an office woman waiting for the final child to be picked up. With a shake of her head, she gathered her clipboard and went back into the building.

"Hey Miss Aliyah," y/n said, giving the girl a fist bump. "How you been girl?"

"Good," Aliyah replied, swinging her legs happily. Her eyes never seemed to leave y/n.

"You been getting good grades?"

"Yup."

Y/n pretended to scoff. "You sure?"

"Y/nnnn!" the young girl sighed. "I have. Promise. Sixth grade is easy."

"Alright, I guess," y/n tsked, turning up her music before putting the car in drive. They departed from the middle school.

"I hope you're telling the truth, 'cause I want some ice cream."

Whenever y/n picked her up, that was Aliyah's reward for doing well in school. It would be an excellent treat, considering y/n only picked her up occasionally. Though, recently, it seemed to be much more often than it had been in the past. She didn't mind the girl's company, in fact, the welcomed it. However, it started to feel like less of a favor and more of a chore.

Any cute boys yet?" Y/n asked over the music, watching as the girl squealed and buried her head in her hoodie.

"Nooooo!"

"Miss Aliyah... are you blushing right now?"

"Stop y/nnnnn!"

"I know not! What's his name?"

The girl peeked a head from her bunched up pose.

"Boys are nasty, y/n," she whined, rolling her eyes. "Let's just think about ice cream."

"M'kay. What are you gonna get?"

"Chocolate."

"Like always."

"Uh huh!"

"Cookie dough ice cream sounds so good right now," y/n said, tapping her steering wheel to the music.

Aliyah hummed in agreement, eyes looking out the window. She propped her face up with a hand.

"That's LeRoy's favorite flavor."

Y/n glanced at her. The tapping stopped. "Yeah."

Aliyah pulled on a bead in her braids before readjusting herself. "Do you think he'd come pick me up one time?"

Y/n recalled the little girl's brother- her boyfriend- passed out on the couch in her apartment shouting about how he was too hungover to drive and pick up his little sister. It was 4:45. School had ended at 3:15.

"Of course, yeah. Just not today," y/n assured her, though her hand subconsciously traveled to a fresh red mark on her thigh. "He was busy."

She licked her lips, avoiding the little girl's eyes. They roamed her face for a moment, finding nothing. A grin slid onto her lips.

"He's so lame," Aliyah giggled innocently.

"Totally," y/n said, trying to ignore how her own voice wavered.

--

< a sad, two part short chapter and late update smh sorry guys💔

on the plus side I got a lead role for my school's show so that's pretty funky >

shout-out to Paris1harvey for the little sister idea!!!! 💖