.。*♡ Trying .。*♡

word count: 715

"𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗮 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁. 𝗜'𝗺 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆. 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗴𝗼, 𝗜'𝗺 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼 𝗶𝘁."

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

November 25: 14 days until exhibit

Coming to terms with ones past seemed to be easier said than done. Perhaps that was why it had taken her almost two weeks to even speak to Jiro about any of this.

That very night after y/n and Jiro had went out and spoken, the sculptor sat on her kitchen counter, a cup of hot coffee in hand. Her phone sat face up on the granite, though she could not tell if it was a sign to call or to wait. She closed her eyes and tried to figure out how to unblock that pain in her heart, trying to free herself from the stress and fear LeRoy had instilled on her.

She forced herself to think of those times she arrived home a bit too late. When she closed the door to her room. Those times LeRoy found her. She recalled bruising over, when his hands struck her, the smell of cigarettes and booze with just a hint of perfume suffocating her-

Y/n quickly opened her eyes, her shaking hands unable to support the mug in her tight grasp. She set it down while gasping for air from unknowingly holding her breath. It was time for bed. She needed to go to bed.

Her dreams cornered her from escaping those conscious thoughts.

That night she had a nightmare. A relapse.

She woke up with her voice scratched and her throat reddened, the bed ruffled from thrashing. Her face burned with humiliation and anger. She had dreamt of those same things, their intensity up to a thousand times worse than her interactions with LeRoy had been in real life.

Y/n brought her knees to her chest, shivering. He'd tarnished her so, so much... he would not get out of her head.

By god, why?

Her eyes pricked with tears of frustration, though there was no use crying about it.

She glanced at her phone propped on the bedside table, lit up by another 'like' notification from her Blossom exhibit post from two weeks ago.

That reminded her. Today was the day Promise had to be packed and shipped back to the gallery.

It was only 4 am, but she needed to get out. The feeling of her bedroom discomforted her. She quickly donned a sweater, pants and a coat before exiting her apartment.

There was a slight drizzle of rain, but it did not bother her. Oasis was only two blocks away, so it would not take her long to arrive.

She inhaled the slightly stale night air, pocketing her hands deep within her jacket. The sound of her tennis shoes padded against the wet sidewalk, ricocheting from building to building. She had not bothered to do her hair or makeup, letting her natural skin absorb the cool air. Her curls followed her steps, flowing upwards whenever she deepened her stride.

The city had begun to stir, even as early as it was, with taxis carting people to and fro, the stray night shift employees taking out the trash, sending a small nod in acknowledgement to her as she passed their shops. A small tabby cat came darting from the dampened shadows, mewing as it vainly brushed against y/n's ankles. She smiled, giving into the kitty's demands of an ear scratch or two before letting it go.

The rain had begun to come down a bit harder, making the woman pick up her pace, though she never skipped a quick greeting to her neighboring sellers.

Y/n finally reached the studio a few minutes later. She unlocked the door and stepped inside, the rich earthy smell of unfired clay filled her nose immediately. This was a place LeRoy couldn't get her. He could never touch her here. At least that's what she told herself. She tried not to think of her nightmare on the couch, though it oddly comforted her knowing that Satoru was there, calming her down.

Always, always calming her down...

She let her head lull to the side as she exhaled, hugging her chest. Her tight composure softened a bit as she listened to the pattering of rain become an increasing downpour. Her once erratic heart had stilled itself completely, returning to it's proper rhythmic beating.

Time to work.

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

<a/n: honey, you've got a big storm coming 😼>