Your Fault

Jo's POV 

I don't know who came, Henry looked beyond furious 

"Calm down, who came" I asked 

"No one" he said angrily looking away

"Are you going to tell or should I find myself" I asked 

"That's bastard's dad and uncle are here" 

"Let them come" I said 

"Are you crazy?"

"No, I really want to talk" i said 

He called Mike and asked him to bring them in. I called Drew and asked everyone to come. I asked Maria to give them water and juice.

"Mr. Hansford, please forgive him this time. I will make sure..."

"You are here because Jo wants to talk to you. I'm not interested in talking to you" Henry said rudely

"Please don't mind him, please sit..." I said 

Maria gave them drinks

"Please have" i said 

I gave one glass to Henry and took one for myself. Henry looked as if I lost my mind. Everyone came. 

"You want us to withdraw case! Why?" I asked 

"He will be given life imprisonment. We know how much you  suffered but please forgive him. He is our only child. My wife is hospitalized seeing him in prison" Mr. Strauss pleaded

"He tried to rape me, I escaped but do you have any idea how traumatized I was! You witnessed yourself, I was hospitalized. Seeing my condition my family beat him? Is it wrong? 

I could have got him arrested, we had video evidence too but you pleaded not to press charges and you will make sure he would stay away from us.

What did he do? He tried to destroy my family and company. I'm sure you know everything. He kidnapped Drew, tortured him, gave him drugs. We all thought he died. He would have killed if we didn't find Drew.

He tried to kill Christi and her unborn kid. He used Jason's girlfriend. 

He almost ruined our company. He tried to assault me again, blackmailed to kill my unborn kid.

Tell me if you were in our place would you forgive him? 

You are saying, you will make sure he wouldn't commit any mistakes in future right!

I'm sure it's not the first time he did. He would have been doing since childhood and you covered it up with your money and power. Isn't it?" I asked 

They bent their heads in shame 

"You should have punished him, at least scolded him and say what he did was wrong instead of putting your self respect aside and pleading strangers.

You gave him the confidence that he could get away with his crimes. It's your fault. 

You asked Drew to train Travis because you couldn't. All he did was flirting and boasting his money and status, never tried to learn. Our company tolerated him out of respect for you otherwise he can't even get cleaner job in our company.

I still remember what Jason said about Travis, 'bear with him for two more months, he will be out'

That's who your son is!

I'm no one to lecture you but I want you to know that you are wrong to approach us asking to forgive your son. It's spoiling our peace. Please leave us alone, we suffered so much.

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is hospitalized but we can't help it. If possible make her understand how evil your son is! A rapist, kidnapper, murderer... he didn't succeed but that doesn't change the fact that he attempted. 

He tried to kill two babies that are still in their mother's womb. He doesn't deserve to be called human" i said 

They got up and left without saying a word

Everyone was silent.