I Need to be Strong

Judson's POV 

Before our flight took off I received reports of Drew from Liam.  I was shocked to see them.  There are high levels of drugs in his bloodstream.  He has broken rib which didn't puncture his lungs fortunately.  He's been abused badly.

I didn't tell this to Henry, he need not have to suffer more during this journey.  I contemplated on the possibilities of his condition. He was kept in isolation for more than four months, being tortured physically and mentally and the worst of it drugs. If he was given drugs regularly he would have been addicted by now.

Oh god! He was addicted to alcohol during his worst phase, never took drugs. He hates them. It took months to recover from his addiction but it was not very hard since Drew was willing and his will power was great. We all were there and most importantly Jo was with him all the time. The girl who comes from a family who don't get alcohol in their homes used to make pastries with rum to help Drew.

He was so addicted that he couldn't stop alcohol overnight, his withdrawal symptoms were worst. Once he was hospitalized. Jo didn't know cooking at all. She learnt making those pastries especially for Drew so that he don't have to drink alcohol but keep alcohol in his blood little to help his withdrawal symptoms. 

When it was bad he used to go to Jo's home. She was distraction for him. They both used to spend hours without bothering the outside world. From painting to singing, dancing, watching TV series.  She sometimes used to sing lullabies to put him to bed. She took care of him like mother. Drew watched several Bollywood movies with English sub titles and understood her culture to some extent. That's why he feared Jo would marry Indian guy and settle in India and worried that guy may not let him be friends with Jo.

I don't know how much he is addicted now and how much dose they were giving him. He is one of the most kindest and wonderful person in the world,  don't know why he is suffering so much.

"Judson, what happened? Something happened? Drew is fine right" I came out of my thoughts hearing Henry

"He is fine, it's just that...thinking about him..." I don't even know how to tell

"Drew is alive that's what matters as you said. We can face anything else" Henry tried to cheer

"I'm taking one sleeping pill, I know I can't sleep right now but I need to sleep well and be good to take care of Drew. You too take" Henry offered me. It's very unlikely we could sleep under these circumstances.

That's very thoughtful of him. I need to be strong just like Henry. Henry is the youngest among us four but the most responsible and kind of elderly figure after all the elders death. Of course the age difference between our twins is just three months. That's not even considerable.

I took the tablet and don't know when I slept