82. Lies and Truths

Start from the beginning

Claude rolled his eyes, "Let's go."

"You look handsome too Felix." You smiled at the red haired silently watching from sidelines. His face brighten up. Too bad you were in mood to tease. "I'm sure Lily already showered enough compliments on you so mine is unneeded, yeah?" You left behind the sputtering knight choking on his embarassment as you laughed under your breath.

The announcement of your arrivals was made. When they announced your presence along with the Imperials signature name, you cringed. It was awkward. It's not like you were officially part of the Royal family but you were recognised as such in public's eyes. How troublesome.

You entered the banquet overlooking the crowd gathered beneath, you noticed the way Athy stiffened, grabbing on Claude's cape while hiding ever so slightly behind you, her face pale and anxious.

"Today's your day, Athy. Don't be nervous. We are here." You stroked her back and gently assured.

Claude flashed his sharp cold eyes at the crowd and the reaction was instant. Each head bowed down in reverence, back trembling in fear.

"Should I make them stay in that position?" Claude asked, turning to Athy.

Athy cranked up her neck, "Eh?"

"What?" You freaked out. "No-- Think of the poor girls! It's their first debut too!"

Thankfully the ridiculous offer was rejected by Athy who calmed down, gaining back her confidence seeing both of your support.

As per the Royal customs, first the royal members would initiate dance followed by sole dancing group of girls then pairs or couples. It was time for them take the stage.

"Felix, don't leave her side."

You rolled your eyes by the sidelines, patting Athy's back as her nerves acted up again.

"As you wish, your majesty." Felix obediently, happily nodded.

"Stay with him." Claude ordered you next.

You made a face. Claude narrowed his eyes. Sighing you nodded and he relaxed giving you one of his rare smile before leaving with Athy who still looked quite jumpy. You knew it was out of concern since you could feel the crowds eyes focused on you, not all of them with good intentions.

By the end of the night you'd probably get to hear juicy gossips about you. You smirked at the thought. Well you couldn't wait to see creative ways their imagination would manifest.

Felix uneasily shifted as he watched you smirk to yourself. "(Y/n) you are not planning something, are you? You're not going to set someone's hair on fire, right?"

"No," You looked at him confused. "Why do you think I'd do that?"

"Have you forgotten your debutante?" Felix questioned in disbelief. That was single most unforgettable moment of his life.

"Oh yeah. Fun times, huh?" You cracked up, hint of evil twisted in your laugh. "That old creep was lucky the only thing I set on fire was his hair, not anything else. Though the punishment that followed wasn't fun. All the extra paperwork and assignments still haunts me."

Felix shook his head helplessly at your flippant attitude.

Your searching eyes scanning the mob soon focused on two person. The crowd spread, bowing deeply as Claude and Athy made their way to the middle, steps graceful and regal. The pleasant sound of music filled the air, all attention on them, at their otherworldly beauty and untouchable presence.

You were taken in by their smooth gliding movements, mesmerized just as the crowd as you watched them with a soft smile.

Last strings of music echoed in the hall. The crowd broke into applause as Claude and Athy bowed to each other as the last step.