Alternate Ending

Alternate Ending

The Surgery

-⁛-

Annabeth POV

The Alternate Ending takes place after chapter 53. Go back and read it again if you want. 

"Good morning, Wise Girl," a voice said, as I felt an arm wrap around me. 

"Percy!" I greeted. "How are you feeling?"

"Not as dizzy as before, so I guess that's good," he stated. 

"It's very good," I agreed. "Do you need anything? Food? Water?"

"You're all I need."

Percy Jackson, the most romantic boy ever. 

I pulled him into a hug and kissed his lips passionately. 

He closed his eyes and let me do the work, letting out a soft moan now and then. 

He didn't say much and he didn't do much. Most of the time he was the one doing the 'work'. It concerned me that he wasn't feeling up to it but he also was feeling dizzy so I let it slide. 

 He wasn't wearing a shirt and that made it hard to not stare at his fit body. 

How could anyone who was this fit have cancer? You couldn't even tell. 

I always admired how alive he was despite living with cancer. 

I put a hand on his chest as my lips crashed into his again. 

He let out a groan and opened his eyes. "You smell like lemons," he whispered. 

"Sour and fresh," I added.

He chuckled, pressing his body against mine. "It's almost over." 

"I know," I whispered back. "You've been so strong."

"It's been almost a year," he said, looking at the ceiling. "It's been a while."

"And yet you managed to get through it," I agreed. 

"Not without your help."

I scoffed. "Please, I didn't even like you."

He laughed. "You helped half the time."

I smiled. "It counts."

"It does indeed," he agreed. 

He leaned in to kiss me but we were interrupted by a very loud cough and the lights came on. 

"You're supposed to come in and bring a certain green eyed boy some aloe to drink, but instead you find him in a hot make out session with his girlfriend."

Percy's head fell back into the pillow and closed his eyes, his hands flipping up to cover his head.

"Turn the lights off," I hissed.

Luke was standing at the doorway, an aloe drink in one hand and a plate of blue cookies in the other one.

His eyes widened and he flipped the switch off. "Whoops."

I sighed and I rolled over to see Percy, his eyes closed and his forehead scrunched up in pain.

"Headache?" I guessed.

"More like a migraine," he grumbled. "I feel like my heads on fire."

I frowned and put his head in my laps, gently massaging his temples in an attempt to stop it.