1.

Future Author's Note: Hey everyone! New readers, re-readers, or just anyone in general, thank you so much for checking out my book! It means a lot to me. Just a little heads up, I was 13 when I started this book and finished it when I was 14. My writing style has changed a lot and the first like 30 chapters are really cringy, but I promise if you keep reading, it'll get a lot better so just bear with me for these chapters. If you want something less cringy, I suggest you check out my other story, Losing Games, as it is written after this when I've 14 and the writing style is a lot better. I love you all so much and thank you for checking out this story <3

1. 

Swimming

-⁛- 

Percy POV

"Okay, everyone. 3 more laps and you can go home!" Coach Hedge said. 

Everyone swam 3 laps and they packed up. 

"Hey, Percy, are you driving home?" Frank asked as we packed up.

"I'm not sure. I'm really tired so I think I'll ask if Jason could drive me home," I replied.

"Are you okay?" Frank asked.

"I'm fine. I just have a slight headache and I'm feeling dizzy," I said. "Why?"

"Oh, nothing. If you aren't feeling well then I'll ask Jason too. My grandma is running late so she won't be able to pick me up. I was wondering if you could, but-" Frank got cut off.

"Hey, Jackson. I need to talk to you for a bit." Coach Hedge said.

"Okay..." I gave Frank a look and walked over.

"What's up, Coach?" I asked. 

"Jackson, I was watching your performance and I think you would make a great team captain. Would you do it?" Hedge said.

I looked around for a guy named Jackson. Then I figured it out. "Me?" 

"Yes, of course, who else?" Hedge said in a bored tone. 

"Uh...sure!" I said. 

"Great! You have to stay an extra hour and a half after class. I have some new younger students I would like you to teach! See you tomorrow, Jackson!" Hedge said. "Oh! And you can have a assistant if you want." 

Then he left and I leaned against a wall, rubbing my temples. 

"Hey, what did he want?" Frank said, as he walked up to me. 

"He made me team captain and told me I have to teach younger students," I replied.

"That's great!" 

"Yeah, I guess," I said as I went back to rubbing his temples. 

"Are you okay?" Frank asked.

"I'm fine. Just tired," I replied. "I'm gonna call Jason and ask him to drive me home, do you want me to ask for you too?" 

"Sure. Thanks, Percy." 

I gave him a weak smile and made my call. "He said he'll be there in ten. He has to pick up Piper from her cheer practice first."

After about 8 minutes, Jason and Piper walked in. "Hey, Percy," they said. "Hi, Frank."

"Hey guys. Ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah," they replied.

"Thanks again for driving us," Frank said.

"No problem!" Jason replied.