Wealth was a huge source of envy, growing up, Sakina struggled with fake friends, teachers treating her kinder than the other students and stalkers. Her family's success meant that she had to become an expert in questioning people's intentions because her parents had warned her about the constant leeches that would try to enter her life.

In Nia's case, if she wasn't careful, she could be falling into a trap.

-XX-

Nia had left hours ago and Sakina was now chilling in Naire's apartment. They were waiting for Kya, who was apparently one of Naire's closest friends, to come and pick Ebony up for the night. The pair could finally have a night to themselves, they hadn't planned a lot, just a simple home-cooked dinner.

"Kya been my friend for years, she met Troy through me." Naire explained to Sakina as she packed Ebony's overnight bag.

Sakina smiled, she felt glad that Naire was surrounded by people who cared for both her and Ebony. Kya sounded like a kind soul and a beautiful person overall, Sakina couldn't wait to meet her.

"I can't wait to meet her. I gotta go toilet real quick." She revealed.

Placing Ebony on the sofa and heading her the iPad, Sakina hurried off to the bathroom and shut the door. Sakina pulled out her phone and called a number she hadn't expected to ever call. As the phone rung, she sighed but she knew that this was something that had to be done.

"Ms Sakina, how may I help you?" His rugged voice asked, Sakina sighed before replying.

"I need you to watch over someone for me. Watch her from a distance and report back to me." Sakina explained, "Don't make contact unless you think it is a life or death situation, do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am." He replied, his voice was emotionless but held deep mess in its smoothness. "May I ask for her name?"

"Nia Brown." Sakina said, feeling anxious. Her gut feeling was telling her that something wasn't right with Salvador and her gut feeling hadn't ever let her done.

"Consider her protected, Ms Sakina."

"Oh and don't tell Mr and Mrs Davidson about this, they don't need to know." Sakina said clearly, she didn't need them to worry.

"Understood."

Sakina had made her first, real friend and there was no way in hell was she going to let her roam unprotected.

-XX-

"Ion wanna let her go." Sakina pouted as she kissed Ebony all over her face, making the little girl giggle. She'd just finished doing Ebony's hair and the little girl looked stunning.

"You mad clingy. You gon' have separation anxiety when she start school." Naire chuckled as they shut the apartment door and walked down the stairs to the parking lot where Kya was waiting for them.

A cold breeze still flowed through the air, Naire sipped up Ebony's jacket while Sakina pulled her closet to her chest to keep her warm. They walked up to the black Audi, Kya stepped out of the car to meet them with a smile.

"Hey baby." Kya spoke to Ebony, practically snatching her out of Sakina's hands.

Naire was too busy checking the overnight bag to notice the interaction but Sakina caught on quick. Her expression went blank as the lightskin girl kissed the baby with a huge grin.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Sakina." She put her hand out, forcing a smile but Kya ignored her and only mumbled back a greeting.

"Nice to meet you too."

Naire looked between the two women before handing Kya the overnight bag before hugging her. She waved as she watched her friend place Ebony safely onto the care seat and get inside before waving, then driving off. Sakina didn't fail to catch the side eye that Kya gave her either.

Feeling annoyed, Sakina folded her arms and began to walk back to the apartment block in a hurry. Naire jogged to catch up with her, placing her arm on Sakina's shoulder and pulling her closer. She stared down at her partner who had a sour expression and proceeded to kiss her forehead.

"What's the problem, ma?" Naire asked, wondering what the drastic change was about.

"Kya don't like me." Sakina stopped and looked at Naire, they were still outside and she was annoyed but also hurt.

"Kya don't be liking anyone I date, that's how she is." Naire shrugged, not thinking that it was that deep. She was used to Kya behaving like that.

"Naire, you might be okay with Kya acting like that but I won't tolerate that shit." Sakina spoke, her eyes burning with anger, "She snatched Ebony from me like a baby mom taking they kid from a girlfriend."

Naire sighed rubbing her durag, she could understand Sakina's anger and she would talk to Kya about it. She didn't want any tension between the two people that she really liked, that would break her heart.

"I understand baby, I'll talk to her." Naire explained, grabbing Sakina's hands and kissing them.

"You better do. We too big and grown for that shit." Sakina sighed before walking back to the apartment block, Naire walked behind her with many thoughts running through her mind.

They walked back inside Naire's apartment and slumped onto the sofa, feeling the warmth envelop them. Sakina was still seething but it had gone down, she inched herself closer to Naire and rested her head on her shoulder. Neither of them even felt like cooking anymore, emotions were running high.

"I'm sorry if I was too rude earlier." Sakina apologised, she felt that she could've been a lot nicer when she was talking about Kya.

"Nah, it's coo. I shouldn't have acted like it wasn't deep." Naire looked at Sakina, "You important to me and I can't let no one treat you like that."