EPISODE 17 RECAP

Revisiting happier times, Ahir watches home videos showing him at age five, playing around with his then-doting grandfather

Revisiting happier times, Ahir watches home videos showing him at age five, playing around with his then-doting grandfather. Ex-President Chattwal similarly loses himself in memories of the day Ahir's parents died.

(Just kiss and make up, you two!)

Shaurya faces off with his mother, who wants him to officially accept his engagement with Shagun. She tells him that Sabherwal's deal with Kapoor Group is a huge deal - is he so thoughtless that he could give up everything his father and grandfather worked so hard for, over a silly thing like love?Kitty storms in and instructs Shaurya to leave. Steely, she asks her mother, "Wasn't it enough to do it to me? You need a hotel, so you sell your daughter. You need investments, and sell your son. What are you going to do if you need something else? You have no children left."

Madam Sabherwal insists it's all for her children's sake, at which Kitty scoffs. She's never felt that anything her mother did was for their benefit. Mom asks her where her current happiness comes from if not her, and Kitty laughs bitterly: "Happiness? Do you know what happiness is?"

Kitty warns Mom to leave Shaurya alone - she won't sit back this time.

Anokhi is busy at work, filling in for her parents on the janitorial night shift, when Ahir steps into the lobby and sees her. After a moment, Ahir pushes up his sleeves and grabs some supplies to join in. Anokhi is a little abashed but grateful for the help, and together, they clean the windows and the floors.

Afterward, Ahir waits for Anokhi outside the restrooms, but grows concerned when she doesn't emerge. He tries calling, but though he can hear the ringtone sounding, nobody picks up. Cautiously, he looks inside, and finds Anokhi collapsed on the ground.

Ahir rushes Anokhi home and calls a doctor, who says Anokhi will be fine with some rest; she's just overworked.

Seeing some blood on Anokhi's finger, Ahir is reminded of the time Anokhi had wrapped his bleeding finger for him. Ahir takes her hand and presses a kiss to it......at just the moment that Shaurya drops by. Shaurya watches for a moment, then turns and silently leaves. In his car, her thinks back to the confrontation at the Macau airport, when Ahir declared that he won't step aside this time. There's an interesting moment, I think, when he laughs and cries at the same time, then erupts into frustration.

Thus when they cross paths at school, he ignores her. (She's nursing a bloody nose, indicative of overworking - although who else immediately thought of That Other Drama Cliché, the cancer storyline? I doubt that's the intent, but still, there was a little too much emphasis on Anokhi's blood to escape that thought.) Shaurya walks right by her, and Anokhi, feeling hurt, doesn't see him turn back to watch her. He kicks the wall in anger.

It must be this frustration, coupled with his mother's constant browbeating, that forces him into his next decision, which we hear from Shagun that night.

Shagun calls Anokhi out and meets her at the playground, grabbing Anokhi in a hug and fighting tears as she starts to speak. At first, Anokhi worries that something has happened to Shaurya, but it turns out that Shagun's tears are of happiness - Shaurya finally came around and suggested they start dating officially.