EPISODE 16 RECAP

Shaurya arrives at Ahir's, making an excuse rather than admit he just wanted/needed the company

Shaurya arrives at Ahir's, making an excuse rather than admit he just wanted/needed the company. He says he only dropped by because Ahir's house is closest, plus he had fought with Anmol in Macau and Yash always has girls hanging around. Ahir points out that Shaurya punched him too, so Shaurya tells Ahir to hit him and they'll call it even.

That's a tacit apology, and Ahir smiles. Shaurya asks roundabout-ly how "everyone" is doing. Ahir replies, "If you're wondering about Anokhi, she's fine."

Shaurya tries to pretend he didn't want to know that, changing the topic to demand a birthday present. Ahir hands over the bag Anokhi left behind, inside which Shaurya finds a doll with curly hair. It comes with a note from Anokhi: "Shaurya Sabherwal, happy birthday. I'll pray that your birthday isn't lonely, and full of only happy things."

(Ahir's act of friendly loyalty means he has again stepped back to help Shaurya and Anokhi. This is what makes him a good friend, but won't get him the girl in the end, which is something he knows. Thus he broods as he eats his pancakes of sadness.)

At school, Shagun recognizes Anokhi and greets her enthusiastically. She's going to be enrolling at Sabherwal University and suggests that they be good friends (as a big-sis-little-sis relationship).

Since she's Shaurya's fiancée, Anokhi's less enthused but tries to be polite. When Shagun says she's here to see somebody, Anokhi guesses that's Shaurya. Speaking of the devil, Shagun spots him walking by with F3 and bounds over to him. Unfazed by his brusque demeanor, she grabs him in a headlock and calls him fiancé.

Shaurya breaks free, calling her a crazy monkey (again). Shagun has accepted this engagement thing and intends to see it through, and declares: "I'm going to tame you."

Anokhi watches quietly from the sidelines. Seeing her expression, Yash approaches to explain that Shaurya's starting at the university with the others. (I really love him for this; he's a nice guy, and as we've seen, he's always the biggest advocate for friendly harmony.)

Reema hears about the encounter as they work, playing the supportive friend who's indignant at "that other girl." But Anokhi has to be honest, saying Shagun is actually a cool person - which is when she shows up.

Shagun cheerfully introduces herself to Reema, looking around and saying their job looks like fun; she's always wanted to try something like this. She then "borrows" the girls, leaving her bodyguard behind with Master.

Girl-bonding time. This is another thing Shagun has always wanted to try - a day chatting and hanging out with the girls. Asked whether she doesn't have friends for that, Shagun says brightly, "I have no friends." She's moved around so much that she never had the opportunity.

Shagun knows Anokhi is acquainted with Shaurya, but not the extent of their relationship, so she asks Anokhi for advice on the type of girls Shaurya likes. It's an awkward question, and Anokhi answers a bit ruefully, "He's so busy thinking about his own style that I'd bet he wouldn't even remember what the girl wears."