An Alpha's Revenge (Part 16)

Start from the beginning

"I don't know."

"I want to see him." 

"You can't. Not now. Healer Achara has asked that he stay isolated. There are some things that she has prepared for him. He must remain in isolation for the upcoming days. She has him hidden somewhere in the woods. But you, You must also go see her. She wishes to talk to you about what happened in the woods." Despite his confusion, Arthit turned to look at him.

"Can't he rest for a couple more days? I don't want to risk"

"She has prepared a barrier that will take that person a few weeks to break."

"Weeks? He will still try to-" 

"I want to go." Kongpob knew more than wanting to have an explanation he realized that what Arthit wanted was to see that mongrel. Arthit turned to look at him those damn eyes pleaded and before he could say no Moon had agreed for him. Arthit smiled warmly and then headed towards the bathroom with the silk sheets wrapped around him. 

"I'll call someone to prepare your bath," Kongpob says. Arthit turns and offers a smile maybe it's the way the light hits his face or the way time seems to stop and his smile, the way his eyes crinkle in the perfect way that made him catch his breath as Arthit closed the door behind him. He was about to follow Arthit as though hypnotized only for his mother to clear her throat.

"Nothing happened." He found himself saying his mother smirked at him.

"I know. Arthit would never allow such a thing to happen between the two of you." 

"I'll call a few maids." His mother said to him.

"Unless you want-"

"Call the maids!" A flustered Kongpob spoke. His mother laughed as she left the room. 

Arthit

He felt ridiculous. The Queen had someone make a hooded coat for him with Clouds wool. It was long white, and warm. Woven into it were markings and patterns in gold that belonged solely to the Suthiluck Clan. When Arthit had asked the queen what a single patch meant that was on his heart she had smiled. It is Kongpob's personal crest. You as his mate shall wear it. Arthit thought back to his brother. Never had he seen anything like this on him. Somehow... that gave him a strange feeling inside his heart. 

The air itself was cold and Kongpob had even suggested wrapping a blanket around him before they left to see Achara. It made Arthit feel as though he was pitied and as though he would break any second. Kongpob wasn't even in his wolf form. He'd brought his horse out so that the two could comfortably ride together. The hold Kongpob had on him made Arthit feel strange. Around them were Bright, Wad, Prem, and Aim. Byul was now being considered a future Queen of Prince Korn's kingdom and therefore had stayed back. 

Arthit looked back at Kongpob as they rode. The man had a stoic look on his face but Arthit wondered just how annoyed the other man must have been as he had clearly tightened security. Around them, Arthit could feel there was something protecting them. It was a very thin veil of it that could be seen by the naked eye white mist surrounded them and it had gotten colder due to this. 

A shiver ran up Arthit's spine the moment Kongpob's eyes met his own. 

"Are you cold?" Kongpob squeezed his body closer to his and pulled the coat closer. There was a very soft scent that surrounded him. It was warm and comforting. He was startled for a moment when Kongpob rested his chin on his head softly. 

"Sunshine..."

 Thinking of the wolf that lay somewhat dormant inside him he didn't know if he should tell the other man about her.