Chapter 22

"I remember you Joonie! I love you so much!" I hug him tighter, I could almost cry. The puzzle pieces were finally starting to fill in the gaps. My life was an unfinished puzzle with only the border pieces connecting. I needed all the middle pieces to form a picture. But slowly my life was coming into view. 

"I'm so glad!" Namjoon whimpers out. I could swear he was about to cry, but that's how he is. Namjoon looks so intimidating but deep down he's a softie. A big teddy bear who has protected me my whole life.

"Wait a minute," Yoongi speaks up. My brother and I break apart our hug and we both look at him. "You remembered something just now?" I nod my head with a giant grin. "Why do you remember him and not me?" Yoongi's face was full of confusion and hurt.

I look up at Namjoon and then over to Yoongi. "Well, as soon as I touched his dimple, it caused my memories of him to come rushing back. I guess because that's something I've done my whole life. I've always touched his dimple." I shrug, it sounded absolutely crazy, but that's what happened.

Yoongi holds his chin deep in contemplation as he stares at the floor. "So, maybe a certain touch triggers memories to come back. I need to go! I need make a plan!" Yoongi smiles brightly and my heart skips a beat at his adorable smile. "I'll be back tomorrow baby!" He takes off running and goes out the front door. I stare after him in uncertainty.

Namjoon pulls me towards the couch, and we sit down together. "Tell me everything that's happened." I take a deep breath and begin to tell him everything that has happened in the past week and a half. It's quite a mouthful.

"They haven't arrested that bastard yet?!" My brother yells and I shake my head sadly

"They haven't arrested that bastard yet?!" My brother yells and I shake my head sadly. "Not yet. But now that I've seen him in my dreams, I remember his face. I could identify him if it came to it." Namjoon's face wrinkles. "Good." I nod.

I play with my fingers awkwardly, avoiding his eyes. "Is Yoongi good to me?" Namjoon laughs immediately at my question. "You two were made for each other. It's incredible that you don't remember him. Your bond is so strong, it's abnormal." I turn my gaze back to him. "Really?" Namjoon nods while laughing. "You both are inseparable. Yoongi about died when you didn't come home the night you were attacked."

My heart sinks, I can't imagine how worried he's been. And then he finally finds me, who he claims is his soulmate and I won't even let him touch me. I felt so guilty. A little part of me hoped he had a good plan. I wanted to remember him. If I had such a strong bond and love for him, I wanted to remember it. I didn't want Yoongi to become a distant memory.

"Hey!" I finally raise my head. "Do you know what I was carrying with me when I got attacked? It looked like a flat box." Namjoon looks shocked that I didn't already know. Or that I hadn't put it together yet. "You were taking your best painting to the most prestigious gallery around. You were so excited; you'd finally get recognized for your talent and would probably sell it for tens of thousands." My eyes widen.

"Am I a good painter?" Namjoon chuckles again, he found all of my questions hilarious. Especially since they were such small questions that I should already know the answers to. "You tell me." Namjoon pulls out his phone and taps around before he finds a picture. "You sent me a picture after you finished painting it."

I gasp as I see it

I gasp as I see it. What a dark, ominous painting. There was so much emotion I felt from it. My emotion. It was a little scary to be honest. I wondered what I was thinking while I made it.

"I hope they can recover your painting," Namjoon says solemnly.

Both of our heads snap towards the front door when the lock is being engaged and Hoseok steps inside. I lost track of time, Namjoon and I must have been talking for hours. His eyes look startled as he sees a man in his living room he has never seen before.

With a giant smile on my face, I run over to Hoseok. "This is my brother, Namjoon!" Hoseok grins back at me and then looks at Namjoon who is approaching us. He wipes off his hand on his jeans and then holds it out towards Hoseok. "Thank you for watching over my sister." Hoseok smiles and shakes his hand. "It was my pleasure, she's a wonderful person." I feel my face heat up at his kind words.

Namjoon eyes us both suspiciously and says "Huh." I look up at him and wait for him to finish his thought. "Is something going on between you two?" Panic settles into my chest and Hoseok and I scream "No!" at the same time.

My brother crosses his arms and looks at me down his nose, giving me a disapproving scowl. I sigh aggravatedly. "Fine! We...kissed." Namjoon's eyes go as wide as they possibly can. "But that was before I found out about Yoongi." Namjoon frowns at me. He was disappointed in me; I could see it in his eyes.

"You have to tell Yoongi," I nod my head. "I know, I will." Namjoon sighs and shakes his head. "This will kill him." My heart wrenched in pain. "I didn't know I was married! I didn't even know who I was. The thief stole my ring, how am I to know when I didn't even know my own name!" My brother holds my shoulders and stares into my eyes.

"I get it, I do. I just hope Yoongi understands." I swallow the brick in my throat. "I hope so too..." I mumble.