Chapter 13

Staring at my feet as I walk. I was carrying something underneath my right arm. A large, flat box shaped item that was wrapped in plain brown paper.

I had the urge to hurry. Wherever I was going, I was late. My feet are traveling quickly. Suddenly I hear another pair of footsteps behind me, I turn around and see a blackened silhouette of a person. It was dark, late at night and only the streetlights illuminated my path. I didn't know where I was going.

I just knew I needed to hurry.

Someone grabs the opposite end of the box and yanks it out from underneath my arm. I scream, turning and throw my hands out, grabbing it and tugging it back towards me. "No!" I scream, the loud volume causing my throat to burn. The hooded man jerks it backwards harder. "Give it to me you stupid bitch!"

The hooded man lifts his leg and uses his foot to kick me in the gut. The air is forced from my lungs and my reflex is to hold my stomach, I let go of the box. The man stumbles backwards with the quickness of me letting go. He turns to leave but I run towards him and jump on his back. I dig my nails into his face, trying to break his skin.

Then I was slamming my fists as hard as I could into his head. The man drops the box, shrugs me off, and then turns around, he swings his knuckles and punches me square in the face. I stagger backwards, he kicks my body again, and I fall face first onto the rough concrete of the sidewalk. My forearms getting cut.

"You fucking bitch! It's worth dying over?!" I hear the scratching sound of him picking up something nearby, it sounded like a brick. Soon an agonizing piercing pain is crashed to my head. The sharp, intense stabbing continues as the man continuously slams the brick into my skull.

My vision goes black and the last thing I can remember is the vibrant smell of copper.

~

My body is being shaken vigorously. "Sunshine?!" My eyes snap open and I see Hoseok sitting beside me on my bed, my shoulders tightly held in his hands. He stops shaking me when he sees that I'm awake. I feel endless tears rolling down my cheeks and my heart was beating through my chest.

I gasp for air. I was having trouble breathing. I clutch my chest and inhale deeply, repeatedly. "Were you dreaming?!" Hoseok's voice comes out raspy, filled with worry. His eyebrows were knit so closely together with concern. I cough and clear my throat to speak. "Yes."

My tears flow heavier as I tell him what I saw. "I dreamed of the night I got attacked. The man stole something from me. He hit me repeatedly with a brick. He had every intention to kill me." I reach up and cradle my head protectively with my hands. I rock back and forth. The pain felt so real. Everything felt so real. Like I was reliving every second.

"I tried to fight him back. Whatever I was holding onto meant more to me than my own life." My words crack and break as my crying turns into a mixture of hyperventilation and sobbing. Hoseok wraps me up his arms quickly.

"Shhh," he tries to soothe me. He runs his fingers through my hair repetitively. "It's over now. It's over." He continues to pet me. After a few minutes of this, my breathing became regular again. My fingers are tightly twisted in a fistful of the soft fabric of Hoseok's shirt. "I've got you, you're safe with me." Hoseok whispers in my ear.

I lean back away from his chest and search his eyes. He looks back intensely into mine. I sit up on my legs folded underneath me and Hoseok drops his arms from around me. "I am safe...with you," I whisper, the realization hitting me harder than the brick in my nightmare.

Hoseok nods but it's interrupted when my hands tightly hold his face in my palms. I lean my lips towards his but stop a moment when I hear him inhale sharply. He doesn't push me away, so I connect my lips to his.

Both of our lips are dry from waking from a dead sleep. And my breath probably wasn't the best, but I didn't care. I just wanted to kiss him, in this moment, that's all I wanted.

Hoseok doesn't stop me, instead he wraps his arms around me and holds me close. My fingers hold onto his sharp jaw as I kiss him endlessly. My face and body begin to burn.

"Wait," Hoseok mumbles against my lips and we break apart slowly. I look at him with a questioning gaze. "Maybe...we shouldn't. I don't know who you have in your life." I stare into both of his beautiful, sharp eyes.

This moment didn't feel wrong. It didn't seem like I was breaking any rules. So, I speak up. "I don't care, I don't care who I might have. Right now, there's you. And I want you." Hoseok tries not to smile but fails miserably. I lunge forward to him again and press my lips back onto his.

The kiss turns heated, and we fall backwards onto my bed. I run my fingers up under his shirt and feel the soft skin on his chest. He was so warm against my fingertips. I wanted more. I move my fingers down his stomach and rest them in his waistband. Hoseok grabs the back of my head and kisses me harder.

Just as my fingers are sliding deeper into his pants, Hoseok stops me with his hand. I pull away and look at him. He looked disappointed by his own actions, maybe more than I was. "Let's wait a little longer. For your sake, I want to make sure there isn't anyone." I pout my lip but nod in agreement.

I scramble back into my sleeping spot and to my surprise, Hoseok crawls under the covers with me. "I'll just stay here in case the dreams come back." I smile to myself, happy that he's here.

The urge to turn towards him and capture his lips again kept nagging my brain. But I needed to cool it. For now. After I finally shut my mind down on that possibility. I finally fall asleep.

 I finally fall asleep