Chapter 7

I must have fallen asleep. I wake up to the warming scent of something garlicy. I look to my side and see a cart of food sitting by me again. The nutritional staff must have just left because the steam was still waving from the hot food.

On the cart there's spaghetti, garlic bread, baked beans, steamed vegetables, chicken cordon bleu, a roll and rice pilaf. I smile as I look at all the food. My eyes search through the maze of plates until I see a slice of pie. Of course, the dessert was what I was most excited about.

Just like last time, I sampled each dish and loved all of it. I must be someone that isn't a picky eater. I pick up the plate with the pie and inspect it. It was apple pie. I dig my fork into the corner of it and place it on my tongue. I savored the warmth of the apple filling and the taste of cinnamon. I was in love. Maybe this was one of my favorite pies.

After I'm stuffed from the wonderful spread of food, I shove the cart away from my bed. I grab the remote on my table and turn on the TV. 'Friends' was on again and I didn't seem to mind that at all. It played in the background as I grab for the coloring book and colored pencils next.

I hum the song 'Sparks' that I heard earlier. That song was definitely special to me. It made my heart tingle with nostalgia and pure joy.

Flipping the color page around backwards, I grab the black colored pencil and begin to draw. I just let my hand guide me, I continue to sing the song in a whisper to myself. I got carried away, I only found most of attention was drawn into my own mind palace. I was too busy trying to figure out why that song was important to me. And what it could mean.

The song brought pure joy to my heart and soul. I felt warm and fuzzy inside when I heard it. What could that possibly mean? Something very big and important must have happened with that song or it reminded me of a situation. I couldn't say for certain. All I know is that it made me tingle from inside my chest all way through my body.

"And I saw sparks." I mumble in tune and am barely paying attention. My eyes focus on the doodle I've scribbled on the blank page. I let out a gasp as I see a face. I drop my colored pencil and it rolls off my lap and clinks as it hits the tiled floor.

 I drop my colored pencil and it rolls off my lap and clinks as it hits the tiled floor

Who is this? I drew a face I've never seen before. Not to my knowledge anyway. But I knew the face well enough to capture the smile perfectly. The smile. As I stare at it, my heart wrenches in pain. It felt like someone had a tight grasp on my heart and was squeezing it. Suddenly I couldn't breathe. All I felt was heartache.

I lean over and reach for my remote. I hit the Call button to page Hoseok. I needed him to see this. Maybe this could link someone to my life. Maybe I could get some answers if we knew who this person was!

Staring at the doorway, I patiently waited for Hoseok. I was about to get out of bed and go search for him myself when he finally appears. He runs into my room, swinging in by a hand hooked onto the door frame. "What's up sunshine?" He grins widely.

He first notices my empty cart of food. "Did you like everything again? You've got a great appetite!" He smiles. I shake my head quickly, too quickly. My head ached when I finished. I rip the paper from the book and hold up the sketch. He stares at the drawing and then stares at me. We both were waiting for the other to say something. But nothing escaped my lips.

"Did you draw that? Do you know who that is?" I nod to the first question and shrug to the second. I lay the sketch back into my lap and stare at it. I felt both comfort and agony wash over me as I looked at the drawing.

"You must know this man! I'll take it to the police station and see if we can't get an ID somehow. This is amazing sunshine! You might have gotten us closer to finding out who you are!" He was practically bouncing around with excitement.

Hoseok grabs the sketch from my lap, and I snap my hands out and stop him, grabbing the other end of it. "Let me have it sunshine!" His eyebrows drop in aggravation. I couldn't even explain why I was fighting him. I didn't want this drawing to go anywhere. I wanted to have it always. It was precious to me. Or maybe that man was precious to me.

I finally lessen my grip on the flimsy paper and my heart sinks as the image is gone. Hoseok folds up the paper and puts it away in his scrub pocket.

"I'll take it right away!" Hoseok runs out of my room, and I hold out my hand towards him. I wanted the sketch back. I already missed the picture so much. So much that it panged pain in my heart.

Who was that?

_______________________________________

**Credits to the actual artist of the sketch

https://forum.netmarble.com/btsworld/view/12/1604884?fbclid=IwAR0jclDf-2wIW5jXbN9LIE1fh0_2I1Cp6Ast5aTR8hQtkAyeV4lFnzZ6YbE